Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Nothing on the corrado other than fitting a set of mudflaps on the rear.

On the goof Cabby its another story.......

New gearbox.

Front shock inserts. ( absoulute PITA. to do ).

Wishbones

Arb bushes.

Top mounts.

Clutch.

And finally ready for MOT.

And started work on another toy.

14ft Shakespear with a 70hp on the end.

Might get her in the water this year but I doubt it as she needs a full restoration and engine rebuild.

Picked up my USA spec amber front indicators from VW :grin: they look cool :clap:

Had a busy day today... replaced

Coolant and expansion tank

Rebuilt thermostat housing with all new bolts and seals

Fitted Miltek exhaust

Changed all filters and oil

Camshaft position sensor

Plugs

And finally got round to giving it a clean! Has just been taxed so wil MOT her then she's going up for sale as its costing too much to run wit hthe miles im doing :(

Andy

had fitted the 4 new toyo tyres ive had sat in my hallway for 7 months, getthing the tracking and camber done on wedensday, i cant wait to see how it handles after then!

Fitted my newly acquired BBS wheels and they look fantastic (thanks so much to slimG60) Had loads of positive comments already!

I'm not jealous at all - I wanted those wheels! :lol:

Over the last week I have t-cut and wax the whole car, shampooed the carpets, cleaned the seats, got the dash looking so clean you could eat your dinner off it, trim waxed the grill and fitted new front and rear VW badges. Its starting to look pretty darn good.

Next job is to get the rocker cover gasket replaced and clean the breather. Then wheels, then exhaust, then rust spots...oh dear :lol:

Sorry Eskimo, I had no idea! Have spent the afternoon swapping my headlights for brand new original equipment ones, was never sure the angel eyes looked right. Am selling them now, listed in parts for sale.

New rear pads, discs and wheel bearings. B1tch of a job at first getting the carrier bolts out. But after investing in some Irwin bolt grippers, they were out in 5 mins.

Next is to fit the new coilies and get alignment done.

Hope to soon have a new set of alloys too, *whisper* the girlfriend doesnt know that part yet *whisper* ;)

Insured the Corrado. Took it for a spin for the first time in over a month :D

connected the driver side gearbox flange, removed the driver side shock and installed new Koni & Pi setup (one corner) Nic new bump stops, top mounts and other bits. Need to do the pass side driveshaft and the other three shocks now.

After failing with the door handle repair kit, attempted to change the ignition switch. What a frigging joke! I didn't have a screwdriver anywhere near long / thin enough to get in there so gave up. Thoroughly pi$$ed off with the C at the minute! :(

After failing with the door handle repair kit, attempted to change the ignition switch. What a frigging joke! I didn't have a screwdriver anywhere near long / thin enough to get in there so gave up. Thoroughly pi$$ed off with the C at the minute! :(

just smash the old switch out Jim and hold the new one in using a cable tie.

I'm gonna take the old one out properly mate - all I need is a decent long / thin screwdriver - will just nick up to Halfrauds in the week to pick one up :) I think i'll be cable tieing the new one back in place though definately - can't imagine how much of a pain in the butt it must be putting the damn screw BACK in there, let alone getting it out!

What did I do to my Corrado today? Spent hours polishing the wheels which then made the bodywork look grubby so I polished that as well! I'm going to end up with no paint left if I keep polishing it! :lol:

2667176753_027589f905_m.jpg

2668006666_05773c4e84_m.jpg

2668001010_09119d9bbb_m.jpg

What do you think?

I'm gonna take the old one out properly mate - all I need is a decent long / thin screwdriver - will just nick up to Halfrauds in the week to pick one up :) I think i'll be cable tieing the new one back in place though definately - can't imagine how much of a pain in the butt it must be putting the damn screw BACK in there, let alone getting it out!

Ok mate. I say smash it out because i had a set of those watch maker screwdrivers, you know the ones. No matter how bent i made the correct size i still couldnt get to it. The switch breaks easily to be honest so doesnt need a lot of force.

did an endo in the corrado.... forgot you can only raise the rear so much when its lowered... think i need to make this look permentant though :lol: 8)

attempted to raise the front coilovers, could only get one 2 threads higher so its not about 1/2 cm higher now,

Had tracking and camber done today, all sorted after replacing nearly everything,

but it still steers to the left???

Had a go at ridding the Rrado of the hesitation when its cold, think I've sussed it, just waiting for some parts to arrive. Think a new slave cylinder will stop the clutch pedal sticking down too so have on on order as well! Got the spare tyre fixed so I now have a spare too! Just a waiting game noe then it'll be a bitz blitz when they arrive!

Replaced the heater scuttle 'foliage cover' gasket

Replaced the heater blower motor & thermal fuse

Oil & filter change

Coolant hose & coolant change

So, I now have a car that doesn't leak, has a blower that works on all four speeds and doesn't leave it's mark wherever it's been parked :)

Plus, this is the first time I've ever done any work on a car and despite it taking a lot longer than it would have taken a mechanic, I have to say it feels good!

Finally..... fixed my sticking clutch pedal! New clutch slave cylinder has transformed the feel of the clutch now. Must have broken down with being standing for 2-3 years?

Got offerd 4k for it today, he was driving a scooby 55 plate, said he used to have one is his teens

Changed the ignition switch. What a pain in the freaking ass. On the plus side, and not in keeping with stories i've heard from other forum'ers, I managed not to break any screwdrivers though my sanity was on the verge of cracking at some points. The joy when I noticed that the screw was finally starting to turn could only be matched by a lottery win I think!

Refitted my repaired door handle last night also (thanks daves16v :salute:) so now I can actually get into my car AND start it! Amazing!