Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

car passed MOt fine, only recomendations were that the rear beam bushes are splitting, thats my neck job, when i can save up some money to pay a garage to do them!

Visited my terminally ill Corrado in the workshop this morning. What started as a minor misfire has now escalated into a full engine rebuild. Two of the pistons are badly damaged, the cylinder head is also beyond salvage. Garage are patching it up for now for me to run about in it, but could really do without the cost of an engine rebuild :onfire:

I suppose the morale of the story is to take the car to a garage you trust in the first place :(

Fitted new brake discs and pads to the front, ably assisted by Tempest - though fairly proud to say I did virtually all of the work myself for the first time since i've been helped on jobs on my car by friends! Went perfectly and all went back together fine as well with nice new bolts everywhere :)

Wash n Waxed, bit clean inside and under bonnet. Installed Pioneer BlueTooth adapter, pondered why it doesn't want to talk to my mobile or walkman. Added roundels to german plates. Put on a new VR6 rear badge. Took some pictures thinking of the calendar, realised I am not a photographer and will stick to day job.

finished servicing the old gal, new platinum plugs in the other day, seems to run smoother now :shrug: and finally found time to do the oil and filter today!

Fitted a new heater motor which has stopped the droaning noise coming from the passenger side, what?..... that's the wife, lol

Seriously this heater motor is the easiest job I think I have done to date on my Corrado.

Drove it the the Veee Dub garage and back all of 13 miles..... Yes :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well it is the second time it's been out the garage this year and summers nearly over :(

Ooooo that new scirocco looks sexy in midnight blue :salute:

just spent £50 on two wheel barings and an air filter...

cars going in on monday to have the barings fitted. cars broken at the mo.

Its a never ending money pit!

Today i thought i would do the next phase in my auto to manual conversion, swap the pedal boxes over. What a ball ache that is. Nothing about it is difficult, but trying to get the pedal boxes out and in is like playing with a russian puzzle :scratch: . Imagine changing the ignition switch on a larger scale. Anyway after much to-ing and fro-ing i finally get the old one out and drilled the new holes for the clutch master clinder. I put the new pedal box back in :brickwall: and finger tightened the bolts. :clap: I'll finish it off tomorrow and refit the steering column.

^^ is it really that hard taking it off? i took a column and box off in not much time at all.

Nothing about it is really that hard, just that you have to jiggle the brake cylinder and servo about so the box can then drop down. Not much room for movement in the servo etc... so just a bit fiddly. Took me an afternoon and thats with drilling new holes etc.

Wrote it off :pale: :(

I think, but it will be.... I know it will....