Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

finished fitting an alpine ida x305 head unit with bluetooth hands free unit (just awaiting the imprint sound processor to arrive :D )

and started the leather cleaning process with the gliptone cleaner and cream and gotta say that stuff is very good

drivers seat done and treated passenger seat just cleaned

Cars been for an MOT and passed :clap: the guy commented it's only done 42 miles this last year.

Bought and fitted 7 stainless steel self tappers to replace the rusted head light screws and and plastic tinware screws on the front valance bit ! looks all shiney now !

the rear exhaust bracket on the body had broken of welded it back on

fitted a lower strut brace wot a s**t fit had to make it fit

engine gearbox mounting bracket had broken welded it back up

Fabricated a heatshield for my 4-branch from some exhaust heatshield. Really fiddly and lots of trial and error, but got there in the end :)

Cleaned the Corrado today; used 1001 on a few bits of the interior and found why I've had a knocking noise from the back for the last year. One of the foam bits that goes around the wheel had come unstuck from the floor. I always worried it was a mechanical problem. All sorted now :)

Fitted my RH toplines, having got tyres on them yesterday...ET20/7J + VR6 plus axles = FAIL.

Just cleaned the cupra R and the corrado and set about finding a boost leak that iv had for the past week, took the hole 2 minutes to do, happy days back at 14 psi now

Fitted re-charged battery and woo hoo started first time in 5 months :)

Now got to get busy with it as its summertime will get a few extra hours of daylight :D

Found a broken camshaft pully when swapping the timing belt. Thanks to Vince at Stealth got a replacement one on a bank holiday friday. Fitted and all back together.

Ps thanks vw for the bottom pully set up - took an hour, 3 of us and the search function on here to find out it just pushes onto the crank! ! !

Spent hours trying to get the ******* srew out to replace the ignition switch,...........and :epicfail:

Will try tomorrow if I have any screwdrivers left.

I changed my left hand window regulater today, as it droped down yesterday driving in the rain!! I'm a techy by trade been in the game 10 years now and i have never come across such an b***ard to change!! Any how its all done now window goes up n down!! Does anyone else think the three rubber dampers that hold the motor to the door are a stupid idea as well???

Cleaned it, clay barred the bonnet and the roof, cleaned the engine bay a bit, reattached the drivers side little indicator which was loose and rattly. Also booked myself in for a visit to DG Autotech next week. Excited /nervous about that! :shock:

took out dodgy xenons for standard ones. powerflex antiroll bar links in.....powerflex wishbone bushes wrong so car undrivable until tomorrow :epicfail:

Gave the car a realy good clean today ( I still havent finished :ignore: ) and I started after the GP finished

Cleaned the inside

Pressure washed

cleaned

Dryed

Clay bared

Rinsed

Dryed

Polished

Glos protection (waiting for it to dry not)

Still got to Wax it and get some back to black on it :shock:

My arms are feeling stiff, like I've been up to something :norty:

Gave the car a quick clean ready for Coleford tomorrow. Only spent 3 hrs on her but she has come up well. Just need to do the wheels but watching the footy at the moment and touring cars being on ITV 4 hasn't helped matters :shrug:

Gave the car a quick clean ready for Coleford tomorrow. Only spent 3 hrs on her but she has come up well. Just need to do the wheels but watching the footy at the moment and touring cars being on ITV 4 hasn't helped matters :shrug:

I've just finished cleaning mine :clap:

I recorded the touring cars so watching it now :D

took the fuel filter off for changing, found the bracket was rusted and filter clip seized on, so dismantled it, wire brushed and applied rust eater ready for spray painting and underbody sealing with a new fuel filter tomorrow....... half hour job? :nono:

new rear calipers on.... now need new rear discs and pads.... still no anti roll bar links...... :~(

yesterday took the passengers seat out to dry, today replaced both door membranes with some plastic sheeting (hopefully it will stay stuck in place), put the car back together and fixed the damn alternator whine coming from the sub!

Replaced the ignition switch, hammer, chisel and pipe pliers did the trick!!