Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted a replacement rubber elbow to the throttle body, Took off the 3 stainless braided fuel lines that had been put on between the fuel regulator and the cold start valve and warm up valve and replaced them with the standard metal ones. All parts courtesy of stevej on here. Engine bay looks a lot tidier. Fitted new plastic seat runner thingys and started the pre MOT routine of rolling about under the car while pulling things and looking for leaks. One of the rear heat shields securing points had corroded and was hanging loose so made up a large washer and resecured it. Now paranoid about every litlle clunk I hear in case the suspension is going to fall off. Funny what the threat of an MOT can do to the mind.

Made 5th and reverse brilliantly smooth to get into while trying to see if I can sort 4th seeing as my third has gone amiss...

Sadly forgot to tighten the bolt so I lost 1st... so I gave myself another job for tomorrow!

Reminds me of that Alfa that Richard Hammond had on Top Gear, which lost all the other gears...

"Second is nice. It's underrated as a gear" :lol:[/quote:1ao6t144]

With 2nd to 5th you're right :p Occasionally let me use 4th too... Anyways now have a perfect r,1,2,(4ish),5...

Fixed the driver side window regulator. Working windows now.. :clap:

Just gotta do the passenger side sometime.. :censored:

yesterday but replaced fuel filter - bolts holding it where to rusted to be saved so had to drill em out and put new bolts in :(

Also put on Borbet T 16/7.5" front and 16/9" rear :)

bought some Halfords EXTREME BRILLIANCE headlight bulbs :shades:

hopefully that'll make things a bit brighter at night, until I can afford to fit HIDs

Also my Dimple magnetic sump plug arrived in the post... so will get that fitted next oil change

To continue the red/black colour scheme on the VR6, after waiting just over a week from VW, fitted a new metal cover to the number plate lights that I got sprayed matt black at work plus new (black) plated screws and washers.

Nice bonus though, ordered and paid for one but there was two in the bag - Keep the other one safe as they're bound to go obsolete soon!!!

Ian :D

Started work on replacing the heater matrix. Took a long time, but I have the old one out. Annoyingly I found a few wires that were routed in front of the dash. I had to cut these so will go about re-soldering and tidying it all up. Tomorrow is going to be reversal of removal - as Haynes say :-)

Look like I got there just in time too, after removing the old matrix I noticed it had been leaking.

Smiled at it and said "What a clever girl, you passed your MOT" and raised a glass of wine in her honour.

Had the seats out of the VR to give it a good vac, and gave all the seats a shampoo, etc. Interior looks nice and minty now ready for Coventry Festival of Motoring in a few weeks (gone under the car cover and going to use the valver for a few weeks!).

Filled it with grey plastic and stuck a tailgate on the roof.

Drove it 100 miles back up the M1 without incident :clap:

Filled it with grey plastic

And an Xbox 360! :) Which is, actually, grey plastic... so the point still stands ;)

Filled it with grey plastic

And an Xbox 360! :) Which is, actually, grey plastic... so the point still stands ;)

at least that didn't go on the roof :)

changed the o/s headlight as it was cracked and water leaking in. took it off and it fell to bits! cleaned the other glass up popped it on, good as new!

Actually started to overhaul the cooling system, then found I had to remove the bumper and slam panel to remove the radiator and both my sets of axle stands are under my focus...

Resorted to stripping the radiator in situe and refurbing the fans, etc

Stripping the fan off I sheared 3 bolts and managed to loose my battery retainer bolt.

Anyone know the easiest replacement for one?

Spent hours trying to get the ******* srew out to replace the ignition switch,...........and :epicfail:

Will try tomorrow if I have any screwdrivers left.

I think that's something I'm going to have to do as the connection to my stereo is a bit iffy. Hope you get it done :)

replaced the FPR - hoped it would fix the hard to start issue I have - haven't gotten to check it enough but doesn't look to good......although it seem to run better now - the FPR I took out seem to have the "filter" stuck at the top, where the one I put in it could "travel" on the rod.

I suppose it's supposed to sit "free" on the rod when it's out ??

Have to check tomorrow if it still smells gas after it's first starting in the morning - if not at least that problem is "solved" :)