Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

990df2699e12a2c395a3ea230ceda323.jpg

Today I'm getting my car I unclamped.

But I did find out that if i was to lower it a tad more and leave my wheel straight they wouldn't have been as able to put this clam on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by luk4mu5

[ATTACH]84517[/ATTACH]Got the air con recharged after I changed its receiver drier. More than happy with the excellent service and the clean bill of health of the system. It works and is bloomin freezing. Hopefully I can get the bumper out of my bedroom! !! That's been there for 6 months since being painted One day the car may drive. Maybe....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Finally put the front end on the car after its been in pieces for a year 99% front end finished.

Although other issues found

[ATTACH]84597[/ATTACH]

Parked it in the garage - probably for the winter (work travel for a while) - we got salt roads here in the winter so it's tucked up in a garage in the winter time, the 3.2 V6 Passat does the winter beating for me.....:)

Had a few issues with the head lights last week the high beam was blowing the fuse in the uprated wiring loom strange really, sorted now.

Also the old problem of the heater speed only running on number 4 speed. Fixed this as well 99p fix, new thermal fuse, job done.

Car in for MOT yesterday ....and another pass.... couple of minor advisories neither of which need doing in short term .....all good .... happy days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Taped up the sunroof. It broke while open. The little love tap I then gave it snapped the front arms on the rails. bb2b0a4609c312e76503c533570e97e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insignificant little bit of tinkering today but... two small jobs done. First was the trim around the inside of the window inside the boot, had cracked on one side. I bought a complete replacement set years ago but always forgot about replacing it, so finally replaced the cracked piece today. Then in the engine bay, for some reason when my engine was rebuilt all the correct bolts for holding the HT lead guides in place had been replaced with new stainless items. I'd previously bought a complete set of replacements some months ago, so dug those out and replaced them all - so that's all looking spiffy and correct now! :)

took delivery of some spacers and got stuck in with stripping the brakes pushing the clearance a bit thoughf4fc0c9c30a1e9ac5d0bce29ab230f40.jpg

Senor Corrado creamed the MOT again this year!! Just two rubber steering rack gaitors required and the job was a good'un!!

Re the braking problem - 2 Pagid discs arrived this morning, along with a caliper service kit from Big Redd. My mate is sourcing 'upper crust' brake pads for me and they all go on at the weekend. If this don't fix it, i'll go to the foot of our stairs!!

It's boxing day, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to remove the rear window seal. Using a heat gun all was going well until part of my rubber was stuck to the window bonding and RIP. Gutted. Something else to try and find. Any ideas?

[ATTACH]85114[/ATTACH] got my rear screen working, rare good news. Also managed to replace the cd change cable so the head unit sits back properly without pushing the dash surround forward.

Removed the front end to gain access to the alternator which I then removed. Hoping to have it refurbed next week due to a battery light and noisy bearings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Visited bodyshop today and fitted front subframe, rear beam and everything to get it rolling on 4 wheels. Will start a thread soon with complete build :-)

64e45f9dedb8afa86b69ed3382c7541e.jpg5cc3769e320ec7e771e33060bbfce550.jpg95db3a400df8dbd8bcd079bd63212e3c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by GazzaG6001

Paint job looks great. You have a lot of work ahead, good luck

Today I fitted tailgate, doors,d03ae5d41e507619d0c25842e5d226fe.jpgcd2f80b3c3764c7f39978ebd99f5414a.jpg7fe60cb1e9fba754862535800ff02182.jpg and wings ready for bodyshop to polish before she comes home.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sized up what spacer I'll need for me spangly new Tarox 6 pots, bit of a tidy with a bit of a winter idle... popped the heater matrix :mad:

Stripped out carpet, rescued SF mats, froze ballax off.

Edited by Hisnibs

Ooh I love fresh red paint, looks stunning!

And very jealous of tarox brakes, got some wilwoods currently sat waiting for me to pull my finger out and get some carriers made up!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeh properrr jarb on the paintwork there, remind me not to enter a show n shine with that! Yeh, looked at the Wilwoods, freakin sweet, but kinda had me heart set on the Tarox for a while. They're not massive, only 305mm but I kinda wanted to leave me options open for 16 inchers really and I'll almost certainly not track it or owt... oh and the cost played a part n'all!

Throw some pics up when you've sussed the carriers up mate; can never get me enough of po-shh brakes :)