Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Well, yesterday actually.

Brilliant day, dry, sunny periods 21C, replaced worn aerial seal. £13.60 for part, plus 40 mile return trip.

We Corrado owners are bonkers!

Dude, I've bought a coiple of these of eBay for a few dollars. Look exactly the same and fit perfectly. :(

Well, yesterday actually.

Brilliant day, dry, sunny periods 21C, replaced worn aerial seal. £13.60 for part, plus 40 mile return trip.

We Corrado owners are bonkers!

Dude, I've bought a coiple of these of eBay for a few dollars. Look exactly the same and fit perfectly. :(

sorry to say mine cost £3.00 inc postage of the bay next day delivery too

Hmmm - I have used ebay a lot :bad-words: but never looked on there for that bit.

Write out 100 times

"I must check ebay before buying something."

Today i replaced all factory speakers with nice shiny Alpine ones. Also fitted Alpine head unit with ipod control :clap: , did'nt relise just how bad original speakers had become.

Today i replaced all factory speakers with nice shiny Alpine ones. Also fitted Alpine head unit with ipod control :clap: , did'nt relise just how bad original speakers had become.

Are the Alpine units just 'plug & play' or do the door cards and speaker mounts need modding to accommodate them?

Are the Alpine units just 'plug & play' or do the door cards and speaker mounts need modding to accommodate them?

Speaker mounts are fine but had to cut the door cards as there is not enough space behind to accomodate the depth of the new speaker. Not that bad to do, just careful use of the dremel, worst part is the initial cut.

hey guys i think what i did for my rado today was just short of a marathon and it wont stop till monday lol. here goes.....

it began at 8am and i've only got 3 days to do this lol otherwise i have to drive a corsa and no dubber should be subjected to such a punishment :shock:

i installed a set of fk coilovers and bbs rm splits first then all hell brakes loose lol

1. exhaust manifold was blowing, off comes the intake and exhaust manifolds to solve the issue

2. exhaust manifold studs snap flush with head

3. off comes the head inc alternator

4. i stud extracted broken studs out of head and got the head skimmed and cleaned up the block

5. i put new head gasket on and bolted the head up and manifolds, timed it up (new belt btw), only to find one of the headbolts have stripped the block of it's thread and im gettin f*** all compression in chamber 2 and 3

6.off comes the head and manifolds again

7. helicoiled the block, cleaned all the swarf and carried on again

8. 2nd set headgasket and headbolts now being used, head and manifolds and everything were bolted back up

9. need to tdc the bottom end tomorrow and do an oil change and install a mocal oil cooler along with an entire sound system inc head unit, 6 x speakers , 2x amps, a sub, parametric eq, powercap, and all associated wiring. after that ive got to set my height and camber correctly on the suspension and mot, tax and insurance and i'll be done.

any body think i'll make it or monday? lol :lol:

the only reason ive stopped is my brain is willing but body needs rest lol

by the way anyone know how to wire a turbo timer in a g60 and i know how to connect a boost gauge but would like to know if theres any ways to do it with out removing the dashboard lol.

cheers guys pics and stuff to follow, when i'm finished lol

Yesterday I made some wooden ramps so I could get under my Cs rear-end and change the fuel pipe from the fuel pump to the accumulator. I eventually got the accumulator end off but the banjo on the other end had corroded to the cap nut and I couldn't shift it, so I though sod it I'll put it all back together and take it to the garage.......as long as it doesn't leak.

It leaked like a good'un so I had nothing to loose and trashed the old pipe and finally got it changed. Of course on initial fitment it leaked so i reseated everything and tried again.....it leaked and i realised the union that the banjo nut attached to was loose on the pump so a deft tweak there and i was home and dry. It also became rapidly apparent that the plastic clamp for the accumulator had broken so I hope that the quality Ty-wrap-ing of it to the pump housing will pass the MOT next week! I also need some more exhaust rubbers too :bad-words:

All in all with ramp building etc it took barely 4 1/2 hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was ready for beers and the Tri-Nations rugger, where the South Africans whipped the All Blacks ar$es, what a great result!

I even blagged a lift home when I missed the last train home - Superb day/evening!!

started late today but carried on gasflowing/ porting the inlet runners on my head... the time this is taking is seriously beginning to do my head in :brickwall:

will get back out to it soon and hopefully get all the inlets done before my sunday roast turns up :D

I replaced three exhaust rubbers having noticed on saturday when I did the fuel pipe that they wouldn't past the MOT (tomorrow!!)

and then.........I cleaned the nasty bits of tar off the exhaust tailpipe.........not a problem......but then..

I found I'd cleaned the inside as well :cuckoo:04082009357 (Large).jpg[/attachment:2fhm0g90]

Removed my old MD headunit and changer, and replaced it with a Roadmaster VR500cs-bt. At only £100 its not the most expensive headunit, but its got a few nice functions. Its plays the usual CD along with MP3 on CD - not unusual functions. But the main reason i bought it was for the SD slot and USB, so i can stop carrying CDs and MDs and just have one flash drive or SD card in the car with all my music on, or a nice selection at least :D You can also record music off the CD player straight onto the SD or Flash drive.

It also has built in bluetooth and you can make calls from my phone through the stereo, which i thought was pretty cool, but again i may only use this rarely. Oh and it comes with a remote that, tbh i dont see the point in seen as the stereo is within arms length :shrug:

It has a fair few functions for little money, well worth the money.

The old girl also had an oil and filter change as its 10k service was due :D

Finally gave the car a very quick wash and vac inside.

All in my afternoon off :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bought the 3 temp sensors (blue, yellow black), but they no longer do the yellow one, so I've got two black ones...hope they work :confused4:

Plus Volkswagen are changing the wheel bearing that they replaced which only lasted about 2 weeks and re-doing the tracking all for free :D

Fitted a new radiator which was LONG over due. A massive thanks to everyone on this forum for their contributions to a number of posts, in particular, the bumper removal ones. I would never have guessed those bolts were holding the bumper on! Before owing this car I had done next to no car maintenance. Now, with the help of this forum, I've had the car in pieces (a number of times) & managed to get it back together working again!

Anyway, fingers crossed this has stopped my leaks, as I've now done the water pump, crack pipe, oil cooler hoses, entire thermostat housing & radiator. I'm really hoping I can start travelling about without making sure I have a bottle of water with me!

Cheers again all. :cheers:

Doug

My hub adaptors finally turned up :clap: So i fitted my nice shiny TT comps. :norty: Will get some photos up once shes had a wash and polish.

Sorted a leak through the passenger door membrane and fitted a shiney new chromed unlatch lever, still got the plastic one on the drivers side though at the mo!

The little rubber bush on the centre seat runner fell off causing the seat to rock about. Went to scrappies, got on along with relay 99. Total cost 22p No change for a fiver so took my change for the piggy bank. Went home, fitted them and felt real chuffed with my variable speed intermittent wipe. I’m easy pleased. Then discovered the tinny horn had decided not to work and discovered I hadn’t the faintest idea where they hid. After a search on here I discovered they were behind the grill so went to remove it and discovered that it only has two outside clips and a really awkward screw in the centre. Got the grille off and discovered 2 horns. Cleaned up all the contacts, tightened the conectors and no more weedy horn. Nice harmonic blast.

Sorted a leak through the passenger door membrane and fitted a shiney new chromed unlatch lever, still got the plastic one on the drivers side though at the mo!

I fitted those on saturday and realised they slide off :D after ages yanking on them. Looks loads better now.

I've never posted in this thread before as I don't want to bore everyone with numerous updates on various jobs here and there, I've been tempted loads of times, came close when the Carbon bonnet went on, but today I can't hold back my excitement :clap:

I fitted a Quick Time Performance Exhaust cut-out and it absolutely rocks my world!!!!

Obviously opening a butterfly which dumps all of your exhaust gases on to the road rather then bother with the exhaust pipe loses back pressure and therefore low down torque, but the top end power gain is noticeable, and the sound!!

Genuinely sounds like a 'Vette with a straight through exhaust, no more traffic light grand prix ever needed, just flick the switch and physically shake the Type R sitting next to you with the smug looking driver, unbelievable fun, peoples faces at bus stops are classic!

For an idea I'm pretty sure a vid was posted up on the forum rolling road day of a yank car with one fitted.

I'm like a kid at Christmas, I'll shut up now and stop getting carried away :D

I fitted those on saturday and realised they slide off :D after ages yanking on them. Looks loads better now.

Where did you guys get them? Are they easy to fit?

Got mine off ebay not this seller but the same thing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-Inner-Door ... 286.c0.m14

The door cards have to come off, slide off the old one, pull out the old plastice bit and swap it for nice new chrome one then put it all back.

Mine didn't sit flush at first so i filed a bit of the plastic away in a couple of places and it looks ok now with the nice chrome golf ball gear knob in there as well :D

picked my car up from the garage after having rear brake bias and rear axle bushes replaced and my wallet £400 lighter :(

But now it has 12 months MOT. :clap:

I've never posted in this thread before as I don't want to bore everyone with numerous updates on various jobs here and there, I've been tempted loads of times, came close when the Carbon bonnet went on, but today I can't hold back my excitement :clap:

I fitted a Quick Time Performance Exhaust cut-out and it absolutely rocks my world!!!!

Obviously opening a butterfly which dumps all of your exhaust gases on to the road rather then bother with the exhaust pipe loses back pressure and therefore low down torque, but the top end power gain is noticeable, and the sound!!

Genuinely sounds like a 'Vette with a straight through exhaust, no more traffic light grand prix ever needed, just flick the switch and physically shake the Type R sitting next to you with the smug looking driver, unbelievable fun, peoples faces at bus stops are classic!

For an idea I'm pretty sure a vid was posted up on the forum rolling road day of a yank car with one fitted.

I'm like a kid at Christmas, I'll shut up now and stop getting carried away :D

yes thats right i posted it and it was seriously mental and loud and gave an extra 20 bhp you need to do a video of the noise that would be cool :D :D

Fitted a fantasticly sparkly new DG Autotech sticker to each car.

Took both for a test drive after fitting, and the difference is incredible! The Corrado is really smooth and much more torquey at low revs, whereas the vRS revs much more freely without losing any grunt. Reckon both have gained at least 15 BHP.

Thoroughly recommended 8)