Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

nissan 350z GT

hey

My mate picked this beast up at the weekend and I was fortunate enough to drive it last night. Thankfully the leather interior is brown....

It is awesome.

Might have to start getting some overtime in! I want one and I want one now!!

Does nothing for me in that colour but a great car, real old style fun

I've always found that for £27k they're not too appealing.

Are they really that good? Sounds like I may have under-estimated them!

What bhp and 0-60 do they pull?

I've always found that for £27k they're not too appealing.

Are they really that good? Sounds like I may have under-estimated them!

What bhp and 0-60 do they pull?

it cost him 24k

0-60 in 5.5ish

276 bhp

155 top speed (i think thats limited too)

Probably have an Alfa GT 3.2 in prefernce to a 350Z but not a lot else is close in its appeal for the money, apart from a used 993 of course

they are suppose to be pretty awesome from what remember, bhp is about 290@6500, torque 270@5000.. leading to a 0-60 time of less than 6 seconds (highly modable lump too)

remember nissan were trying to bring back and better what they believed to be a sports classic!

i love the damn things, even if they are ricey.. SORRY, i meant pricey. :roll:

I like, prefer this to the TT and the Mazda RX. They look awesome in black as well. Japanese reliability and enough power to keep most happy too. Not keen on the soft top version though.

Really like these got a luuuvly deep sound to them as well, Evo mag has one as one of thier daily drivers cars and it has a nismo bodykit which looks really good on it.

Not keen on that browny copper colour tho tbh.

They are really excellent- as Ford says- really cool in black. However- the interior is a bit tacky/plasticy.

Think the price is fair enoungh for what you get. If I had the money, think it would be a tough choice between this and a Scoob STI - both would have to be black.

My neighbour has one.. i'd echo the cheap interior sentiments, but it sounds phenominal and goes like absolute stink. Still nice and rare on the roads too which helps :)

My mate has one, driven it a couple of times and been a passenger a fair few times.

What do I think of it.....not totally sure, pretty quick.....but it is a heavy beast and I think the VR would stay pretty level. Like the looks apart from the rear (bit fat). The wheels look to small (18's as standard!!!). Interior is ok, not that bad. Like it being rear wheel drive, wish the C was sometimes.

But overall would rather have my VR and the spare 20k! though I will prob spend that in a couple of years of C ownership!

dad works for nissan and coincidentally is borrowing one of these tonight (although I'm not sure if its the GT) so I'll let you know what I think after I've been out in it! :D

Think for that amount of cash, rice wise, It'd have to be a Evo8FQ300!

or with proper head on, a nice used 993 porka!

a nice used 993 porka!

Defo with you Beeftech. For that money theres a mahoosive choice both new and used. The Nissan does nothing for me, the new Alfa Brera does though, time to start another thread.

One of very few newer cars that i like the look of aswell - and its not German, whats happening to me !!

right, my impression... very nice! I like the styling close up (not having seen one that close before), looks very squat and planted on the 18's, inside was a bit...plastic...but still quite nice. speed-wise, dad was driving and didnt go mad but booted it a couple of times and it goes very well, although it didnt feel anywhere close to 70 odd bhp more than a vr6, and not even close to the acceleration of a supercharged VR. I liked it, but i wouldnt pay for one.

Yeah another vote for a 993 over the Z. The Z is a coupe version of the QX, which is dullest car you're ever likely to see...even has the same engine. I do like the styling of the Z though, very cool and retro.

I drove my mate's 993 and it's the best car I've ever driven....and it was 'only' the 3.6 Varioram. The 993 turbo must be insane as the 3.6 is fast enough! It's a strange sensation driving a 993....by the time you've thought about taking a corner, you're already through it....and at a greater speed than you though possible....all with no fuss or drama. Only some serious exotica or feather weight caterhams can match the sensation. Oh and few supercars come close to matching Porsche's build quality.

isnt the 993 the fastest prduction car ever recorded round nurburgring??.. dont know that for certain, just remember seeing a mental vid of someone doing a lap in well under 10.. if not the fastest, certainly one of.

hell of a car..

One of very few newer cars that i like the look of aswell - and its not German, whats happening to me !!

i'm liking these a lot too.........and i normally hate rice.............but when for the same money used 993's can be had or even leggy 996's not to mention Boxster S's.........i think the Porker's would call me too much

Still nice and rare on the roads too

I had known about this car for a year and a bit, hadn't seen any, then a week ago i saw 5 in 2 days :shock: :shock:

I have to admit though, i love the look of it and the noise is pretty mean 8)

I think if you'r buying a new car for 27k there's not a lot out there that is better. Of course used cars will be better vfm, but I would rather a new 350 than a new standard boxster. A guy overtook me in one last week and he was giving it some, but the noise was pretty special, I'll give it that.