Sign in to follow this  
G60 Bob

G60 Fuel Pump - Which one?

Finally traced my running problems with my 92 G60 to the fuel pump which is almost dead and very noisy (filter replaced less than a year ago)

The stealer wants £110 + VAT for 191090369274AB which flows 4 bar.

GSF and Euro state that 1H0919651P supercedes the above part for £80 + VAT but it only flows 3 bar.

Do i need the VW one at 4 bar or will the other one work? Will i need a replacement sender unit too or with either of these work with the existing one?

Right first off is it an intank pump?

If it is intank there are two makes of these Perburg and VDO. The problem is you can only get a VDO one of these now. So if you have a Perburg you will have to buy a new fuel sender too. Because a Perburg fuel sender wont fit on the new VDO pump.

I havnt got EKTA to check but it looks to me like the dealers are trying to sell you a external style 16v pump. Arnt 16v pumps 4bar and a old style part number begining with 191? Euro and GSF have probably got a VDO internal G60 pump.

If I had ECTA installed I'd check the part numbers. I'm sure sombody else will. :-)

Dennis.be I think there are some exceptions to that rule, but very rare. Ant (BannanaMan) has the external stlye pump on his G60, not sure of exact year though.

G60 Bob, Whoever you spoke to at GSF is sadly mistaken - late G60 pumps run at 4bar & will never be superceeded to a 3bar pump. So far as I'm aware we now have stock of the 4bar pumps. Wether you'll need to replace the fuel level sensor will depend on the make of pump that you have - we sell Pierburg pumps & these are not compatible with the Bosch senders.

G60's with the 15 gallon tank ALL have internal 4bar fuel pumps - it's the 12 gallon tank version which has the external one.

stevemac ive got a 12 gallon tank. My G60 is registered in 92 but has the early wings, bonnet and dash. Does this mean that i have two seperate pumps and therefore only need the in tank lift pump? Does this mean i will still have the compatibility issue with the sender?

Could i be a real pain and ask for the proper part number so i dont have to rely on the GSF counter staff again.

cheers

Robert

You can always go for the Bosch Dealer and buy a fuel pump for your Corrado. 8)

They have early and late fuel pumps available.

Well i found them a lot cheaper at Bosch here in Portugal. :)

Then i went to VW and bought the new sender.

If your car has one only In-Tank fuel pump, this will be the correct Bosch Dealer Part-Number: F 000 TE0 111

Complete with all hoses and clips in a box. :D

The newer type of in-tank pump isn't from bosch, it's a Pierburg.

If you've got 2 pumps is the chanse big that they're both from bosch.

G60 Bob, As I said above - 12 gallon tanks have the 2 pump system & 15 gallon tanks have the single pump system.

AFAIK - both of your pumps may be the same as the 1.8-16v, which has the same type of pump arrangement.

You won't need to replace the fuel level sensor as the internal pumps on this type of system are all the same. You will, however, need to replace both internal & external pumps. I would also replace the fuel pump relay & possibly the accumulator - failing fuel pumps will place extra load onto the relay & it may have already started to burn out.

The newer type of in-tank pump isn't from bosch, it's a Pierburg.

If you've got 2 pumps is the chanse big that they're both from bosch.

I know it´s not from Bosch...

But Bosch does both of them (the 2 pumps for late G60´s and the single in tank pump for early ones) for less money and the same german quality! 8)

The Pierburg pump is the one pump system, this one does the same as the older types with the 2 pump. Every C after octobre '89 has one pump, standard is this a Pierburg. If you'll buy an new one at the dealer I've no idea if it's a bosch or a Pierburg, I know that the pumps that VW now has are competely different.