Sign in to follow this  
jrabarton

Yellow 16v

Well I've finaly upgraded to a corrado, having spent many years with scirocco's, and for some crazy reason i bought a Yellow 16v.

So here she is.

I paid a measly £1000 but then have now spent £580 on a new gearbox, starter motor, engine mount, gear change lever mech and clutch.

The colour grows on me every day, and seems to realy turn heads.

all in all not too bad

Cheers

Jonathan

p.s. ok so i know i spelt corrado wrong, and have now edited, however my defence is as stands, scirocco, has one r two c's therefore why does corrado not have one r a two d's .... oh well

yellow's the new black :)

itsstillyellow.jpg

lots of yellow c's on the forum 16v's rarer than g60's in this colour

how faded is yours

Rob

P.S. Wecome to the forum

hehe what a fine looking bunch of banana's ;)

£1500 all in for a 16v isnt bad at all! looks in good shape too and yellow is nice and exclusive, what you got planned?

well so far i fancy doing some cosmetic bits,

new front spoiler

Replace the lowered springs (previous owner cut them) going for a 30mm drop all round

strut braces

like the idea of colour coded door handle (spent 5 mins reading the topic on here)

perhaps side skirts and new front and rear bumps

then its the engine, the 1.8 feels a bit slower tham my Scirocco storm, not sure if its me not pushing hard enough or what.

yes the OSF indicator lense is missing, so is the N/S indicator repeater on the side.

As for the paint well it is a little faded in spots, however the muppet that had it before me ..... hope they are not on here ...... t-cut some spot so hard that the white primer is coming through. Thank god the company i work for has a paint booth and in summe rhte MD says get her in there and get a new paint job done.

ok so i'm getting more confident, and been pushing it a bit harder. hehehe getting better.

as i sit all day by the window and gaze at the rado i think i might remove the rock rack mounts before i repaint, along with the rubber strips arounf the outside.

the rubber strips down the side just peel off with some heat and elbow grease to remove the sticky stuff... ;)

The "roof rack mounts" aren't... They're actually a trim to cover the join between the roof panel and the side panels and has a 2cm (ish) deep channel underneith it.... details can be found HERE 8) (and it's even the same colour! :lol: )