Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

another beaut..

Its very nice but.. hm.. not trying to criticise, but its nothing.. well.. new!

* Smoothed off a bit

* Audi handles

* Big BBS splitties

* Decked

* In.Pro's

* Respray in Porsche or similar colour

Still, the minor changes suit the Corrado the best, and i'm not disagreeing that this isn't a really really nice example. Its just that this seems to be standard arrangement for modifying a Corrado these days. Starting to see why folks like Cheesy and Gibber do/did such 'controversial' styling.. because its breaking the mould a wee bit!

I quite like the car but hate the wheels - I'd need shares in Colgate to keep the wheels clean .. :lol:

I bought mine because I like the original styling.

IMO the key to styling a car is to enhance it's good points & make it look a little more sporty, to give it that "presence".

No point buying a car & then altering it beyond recognition - like that stupid looking max-power thing with the Golf headlights.

personally i think the wheels makes this car, its like they were specifically designed for the corrado their amazing wheels i want a set--big fan or wot :lol:

personally i think the wheels makes this car, its like they were specifically designed for the corrado their amazing wheels i want a set--big fan or wot :lol:

needs a fatter front wheel i think

sorry lee i have to disagree with you here. im currently really liking the slightly tucked in fronts some of the guys are achieving with the 301's anyone also remember the blue one with the blown arch's

Yeah, just to make sure you can't steer it or get it over speed bumps :lol:

Or am I missing something? :D

post trimmed of off topic crud as requested by thread author... 8)

Its very nice but.. hm.. not trying to criticise, but its nothing.. well.. new!

* Smoothed off a bit

* Audi handles

* Big BBS splitties

* Decked

* In.Pro's

* Respray in Porsche or similar colour

Still, the minor changes suit the Corrado the best, and i'm not disagreeing that this isn't a really really nice example. Its just that this seems to be standard arrangement for modifying a Corrado these days. Starting to see why folks like Cheesy and Gibber do/did such 'controversial' styling.. because its breaking the mould a wee bit!

Its because you can only go so far with a Corrado. It you tamper too much with the stock body lines, you'll end up ruining the car. Most people agree that the look above is one of the best for the Corrado.

Mine on RS's

DSCN4432copy.sized.jpg

Corrado_010.sized.jpg

Sick C from Germany

005.jpg

007.jpg

Looks good...no? :wink:

Kinda what i'm aiming for without the forth bridge wheels (once you've cleaned the last one, you have to start all over again)...... its taking longer than i want though

this is my kind of post.. loving the rados pics.. hhhmm think i'll add some..

hmm yet another corrado with wheels that are too wide and inpros that dont line up properly.

for my money kavhaywires was the nicest example of a corrado on the forum. subtle styling and great looking wheels without being stupidly wide

of course now its back to standard it looks shiney and bright mate :)

I don't think there is a set of Corrado tails that "fit" properly. Even the factory lights don't line up 100%. :wink:

Without people constantly pushing the styling on these cars, the scene would get boring and stale. A concept alot of Americans can't seem to understand.

agreed...styling is one thing.... but sticking oversized wheels onto a car that is widely known as one of the best handling front wheel drive cars ever...and thus messing up that handling is just crazy!

i didnt actually mean yoursOettinger SLC anyway, you wheels look an acceptable size to me :)

agreed...styling is one thing.... but sticking oversized wheels onto a car that is widely known as one of the best handling front wheel drive cars ever...and thus messing up that handling is just crazy!

i didnt actually mean yoursOettinger SLC anyway, you wheels look an acceptable size to me :)

I know what your saying.

To me the wider rear wheels makes the car look more aggressive. I'm sure if the owner was to track the car, he would use another set of wheels...instead of risking ruining a set of expensive wheels.

BTW...nice pics Bally!

for my money kavhaywires was the nicest example of a corrado on the forum. subtle styling and great looking wheels without being stupidly wide

of course now its back to standard it looks shiney and bright mate :)

Cheers fella, high praise indeed.

I just applied a few personal touches in areas I felt could do with improvement. I don't do shows, I just drive it and enjoy it.

We all have our own tastes but I feel VW got the looks of the Corrado spot on and over doing the body mods is tantamount to taking fresh vegetables and boiling the taste out of them. All you need is the lightest of boiling and a knob of butter :wink:

I don't know why we all get so excited about the same old cars each time either.... as Jim said, it's all been done before and many times. At least Oettinger SLC has kept the arches standard. I think the blue one looks ridiculous with those arches and that ride height......but some people are happy to lose practicality for the sake of looks.....but turning one of the best handling FWD cars ever made into one of the worst handling FWD cars is sacrilige.....and all for the sake of wheels we've seen a million times before. A good modder should never make a car fit the wheels imo, it should be the other way round.....especially on a car as controversial as the Corrado.

it does seem like theres a few general rules-of-thumb that everyone follows styling wise, they work well and I guess thats why people stick to them. Personally I think you'd have to be very creative to do something different with a corrado, and more-so for something that would appeal to everyone. The crux of the problem is that the stock lines look so right that adding anything to them can ruin the look of the car entirely, as can taking too much away.

but sticking oversized wheels onto a car that is widely known as one of the best handling front wheel drive cars ever...and thus messing up that handling is just crazy!

:roll: :lol: Lift's the handling to a whole new level you mean.

The wheel size seems to be a touchy matter. I the defense of the guys that do run the wider wheels is that "handling" is not a concern for these guys. All the work that goes into these cars are for show. How many cars built for handling have a 200 pound stereo setup in the rear. I didn't build my car for show or for race...I built it for me.

If they wanted to, with the time and money spent on the cars for show...they could have built themselves a 300hp road trashing monster, but thats not what they wanted. :)

Wheels make or break a car but thankfully, and for the good of future values, there are more mildly modified and standard Corrados around than heavily butchered ones.