Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Neuspeed 180 Degree thermostat

Has anyone got one of the above?....standard thermo's cut in at 195deg. Do these benefit the running of the car or could they cause damage?

Centigrade or Farenheit ?

European spec stuff is measured in Centigrade - US stuff could well be Farenheit

I've got a 160 Deg one on my VR6 and haven't noticed any adverse side effects in the 6 months I've had it fitted. I've never seen my oil temperature go above 92 either, and it only goes above 90 if I'm really going for it.

If you are getting one, get the lower temp fan switch at the same time, it brings in yours fans sooner, realy helps the engine stay cool!

yeah i saw that too...im just a bit weary when it comes to engine mods... i'd rather speak to people who have done it first!!! :wink:

since having a headgasket change aswell as a thermostat,rad switch,temp sender my car is running hotter than before...ive changed the thermo 3 times to see if i can get it down but i cant....im thinking these colder running ones might be the way forward.

I have both the low temp fan switch and the low temp thermostat...and they work great to keep the engine temps down...especially during summer with the A/C on.

It also lowered my oil temps.

Its one of the best mods under 50 dollars.

also dump the standard fan (if you're running a G60) and stick in an aftermarket one with a relay kit on it... My fan was only getting 9V when I was having temp problems on J-DUB... :| After the relays were fitted, she had a full 12V and ran a shed load cooler... 8)