Sign in to follow this  
ashvdub

Which corrado's had the bench back seat?

hi, which model corrados have the bench back seat and not the one with the centre console.

thanks

ash

Hm...

Going out on a limb.. I think centre arm rest thingy (and warning triangle / first aid kit) was basically only an option on all models but the VR6 had it as standard?

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

It was the 2.0 16V that came with the 'ultra rare' (trying to make myself feel better about my ack of armrest) flat rear benches...

It was probably like this on the 2.0 8V too - maybe someone will confirm that?

The G60, 18 16V and VR6 had the armrest as standard AFAIK

Hope that helps

Ah.. so.. then was it 1.8 16v's and G60's had the bump in the rear bench.. then at switchover point in 1992, it remained a standard item on the VR6's but the other models didn't get it? I know my 1994 16v was missing the arm rest thing! :(

Well that helps to confuse things a little more! Hm..

cheers for the replys, i'm new here, i'll get some pics of my car up in a couple of days. Went for a corrado after the rocco came to a miserable end in the fast lane, thanks to some cnts leavin a stolen car for me to collide with.

The new car had bad ass hot rock burns all over the seats so just got some replacements from ebay not knowing there were two different backs available. bit annoyed as i liked the armrests, oh well.

The new car had bad ass hot rock burns all over the seats

is that what made you chose your name?. :D

welcome to the forum mate....bench seats arent that bad...easier to hoover...you can get 3 in (( not that i would ! )) and after all...you're gonna be sat in the front so f*(k it!....

looking forward to seeing the pics.!

hi, which model corrados have the bench back seat and not the one with the centre console.

I've lived with 4 now and owned 3, right across the range. My first two were the first UK 16v and the first UK G60, both had to be specifically ordered with the armrest.

It was the same for all cars until 1993: the centre-rest was available as an option, not as a baseline package. However most dealers were advised by VAG to include it in their ready to drive cars sold from the showroom.

Seems strange to me why VW created the two different rear seat layout seing as the bench doesn't add an extra seat. Just gives more cost in production surely?

just to add my 2p worth my 1990 1.8 16v had a centre armrest. but it also had 3 seatbelts :? dont know if you were supposed to sit on the armrest or if someone had done a conversion?