dinkus

Recommended Alarm fitters

You would have to add a module to do that Yan. Not done it myself but no reason why it's not possible. The comfort closing as they call it has to be a factory option, in th ebochures they hit is with and asterisk and then say additional parts may be required.

A sunroof clower may be a bit different to a window closer as it needs to be able to shut the roof from a tlit or slide.

I can do some invest if you need/want one. All the alarms I have come across have a live when armed output you can use for LEDs and triggering extra modules.

Gavin

I hope he didn't take extra money off you for that Alex. They all do full closure, you just extend the locking pulse to 40 seconds in the software.

Gavin

hiya Gavin,

no he didnt charge any more for sorting the full closure...... i dont have a sunroof either so im not sure whether that would have cost more to do or not :?

he had to extend the arming pulse to 45 seconds in the end cos i have a ropey window control module so at the moment if you press both window switches then only 1 goes up :lol:

so this happens with the full closure too...... im getting a new electric window control module tho so hopefully that will solve the problem?

Alex

at the moment if you press both window switches then only 1 goes up :lol:

so this happens with the full closure too...... im getting a new electric window control module tho so hopefully that will solve the problem?

Actually, it's a factory VW thing - only one window at any one time can be operated... I guess it's to prevent too much current draw or something...?

the arming pulse doesnt last long enough to do that tho, 45 secs is only enough to lock the doors and do one window :(

Alex

If you have a 45 second arming current, then surely that is long enough to enable full closure?

My alarm will lock the doors, close the S/R and passenger window and then finally the drivers window in around 10 seconds.

Are your window motors working well?

well mine certainly doesnt, the windows are quite slow :?

locks it instantly but there is a delay before the windows start to go up like when you turn the key in the lock and hold it until the windows start to go up.

Alex

Try closing the windows and S/R manually while in the car, count the time it takes, if it is below 45 seconds (which unless your motors are worn or the battery is low it should be), then I would think the alarm is not supplying a 45 second pulse.

How long is the delay for the windows?

i will have to give it a go when the car is back from the body shop cos its having a full respray at the moment but i dont have a sunroof.... would say its about a 5 second delay on the windows tho. 1 goes up fine but the other doesnt cos the 45 secs are up by the time the 1st one is shut!

i havnt actually timed it tho so it might be the alarm not sending a 45 sec pulse

Alex

Well if it's taking 40 seconds to close one window, then I would think there is a problem with the current supply or the motor needs cleaning/replacing.

I'd agree with StormVR6 - trust me, 45 seconds is longer than you think!

Right, the 'rat will lock the doors and close all four windows in 16secs! Can't test the sunroof cos it's broken, but I doubt it'll take more than another 5 secs...

Apologies for the :offtopic1: ness :oops: Mods, might want to split this off into a separate thread?

South West Audio & Security

Fitted and supplied my Autowatch 160 RLi for £265 took them about 2.5 hours, they visited my house. Friendly & polite.

They cover pretty much all of devon & cornwall so for anyone in the area, I recommend them! For a number check the yellow pages because there are a few depending on where you live.

For anyone in/near central Scotland - MRD audio in Bathgate (near edinburgh) (01506) 630575

for all your ICE needs and they sorted my insane clifford cat 1 and replaced it with a lovely Sigma, can't recommend them enough.

AUTALARM,VEHICLE SECURITY,01709 701027

he provides a mobile service so no need to go chasin about to find a fitter,(local only)

TrimWizard based in Farnham but is mobile. Run by Andy Bryant who some of you may remember from this forum used to have a lovely silver VR C, and before that and now again, his late Mk2 8v. VW man through and through and will always do top quality work.

Authorised Cobra agent, and will also do Hands free kits, Reversing Aids and also does SMART repairs, useful for those bumper scrapes and fag burns/vinly & leather repairs/dashboards etc

01252 310055

07748 963904

http://www.trimwizard.co.uk

BTW used to be at Ian Bannings in Guildford, so if you took a VW in there, it was probably done by him.....

John

Chris Cooling in Banbury otherwise known as Prolek.

Have known them for years and have a really good name.

Fit Cobra's and Cliffords.

One of the guys also owns a VR6.

Was amazed when I pulled in today, never see another C in town. Not a Forum member on here or the CCGB, chatted to him about both

Rob Slade - Slade auto Ellectrics - in BRISTOL - top bloke knows his stuff

If your down near Southampton there is a place called Ultimate in Car (UIC) in Totton, they are good guys and have been excellent on all my VW's.......