Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

Good work Kev!

I wish I had the power - how many more posts do I have to make to get the power?

CaiosG60 PWR - I did! hehehehe

Okay I'm going, honestly I'm leaving soon!

No reviews from Powerflow? Ben?

I'm here... A picture is better than a 1000 words... A powerflow exhaust.. 3" downpipe into 2 1/2" bore...

- Dr_Mat

Ooooh those are fighting comments!

I have just noticed you are only a "CF-oholic!" - maybe you are jealous of the "Moderator" status?

If I get promoted technically I would have been on some sort of "Fast-Track Scheme" as this will be my 396th post!

- Ben - Nice pic!

- Dr_Mat

Ooooh those are fighting comments!

I have just noticed you are only a "CF-oholic!" - maybe you are jealous of the "Moderator" status?

If I get promoted technically I would have been on some sort of "Fast-Track Scheme" as this will be my 396th post!

- Ben - Nice pic!

:lol: :lol:

To get the Power, you need to be a member of Snap, He-Man or have 432,078 posts by the time your 65 years old.

Thats me at the back!

i tihnk thats one of the funniest things i've ever read on this forum :rofl:

Car: 1.8 16v

Exhaust: Powerflow

Verdict: Good fit, with no bumping or vibrating when you floor it (like my last one). Nice subtle tailpipe that fits the gap and the shape of the car perfectly. The car has a beautiful burble at idle and is quite quiet until about 3000rpm when it gets louder, but becomes more suble above about 4500-5000rpm. Not intrusive on the motorway/dual carriageway, but loud enough to let you know what's going on in the engine bay.

The sound when travelling is so good that I sometimes don't bother with the stereo or turn it off to listen to the engine note!

The system was fitted by Coullstar, so I can't comment on the service from the garage or weight, but it was £320.

Cheers,

Tom

Car:VR6

Exhaust: Miltek CAT back

Verdict: I love the sound, pops and farts when I change down, quality also seems good. But the original fit was shocking, I put this down to the exhaust when I first got it, but on reflection AMD did a nasty job. I've had to fit all new rubbers and actually knock some up custom brackets. Sweet as a nut now though.

Car: Corrado 16VG60

Exhaust: Milltek Custom built with twin exit rear tailpipes on Custom rear bumper, JMR ported and flowed 16V OEM cast exhaust manifold and JMR HiFlo Stainless Steel front pipe.

System fits well, compliments engine breathing superbly, Affords my Corrado uniquely different styling at the rear, and sounds great.

I have found Milltek to be extremely professional and capable company who give 100% of themselves to every aspect of their product and customer / supplier relations, and back up this dedication by offering a lifetime warranty on all their products.

Another good reason to buy Milltek. My cat bypass developed a blow yesterday, car was in this evening, cat bypass replaced in 30 mins and no charge - could be argued that it should not have fractured but these things happen from time to time and service to rectify the problem was faultless

i`ll be different

1.8 16v

janspeed S1 system

twin oval upswept (dtm style?) but small only about 2"each which doesn`t look to chav

been on 50k

bought july 2000

£300

nice and refined loud-ish after 4500rpm but not silly

fits v.good but does tend to break rubbers - cable tie fixes that though

not blowing or rusted

bought from andfitted by Demon Tweeks by my dad when he owned cos there was no/v.little choice (for an old fella) back then

verdict:Very happy

Had a janspeed on my 16v as well, sounded good but the fit was seriously awful. To have the tailpipe in the right place on the bumper the exaust was tight against the floor of the car causing noise and vibration. Fitting it so that it would clear the floor and axle with no knocking the tailpipe sat below the bumper.

Got a custom from c+c ( http://www.stainlessexhausts.com/ ) on my vr6 and am more than happy with it. Sounds good, fits perfect. Pretty sure they dont use powerflow stuff like most custom places as well, they source there own materials. Not the cheapest though, think mine was about £360 with decat.

Anyone local to Glasgow, or willing to travel here, I highly recomend them.

VAG system for the 2.0 16v

What does the VAG back box look like?

- dull silver , , black , , polished ?

Guess I'll find out today

:scratch:

Yup, the whole VAG system is a dull grey. Its VERY quiet; waiting for it to bed in a tad.

Will need to paint the tail pipe... hmmm.oO(should've got the Jetex maybe)

Anyone else got the VAG system(?), it wasnt pointed out in the parts dept upon purchase, but a sleeve is required between the CAT & straight pipe; somthing they forgot to tell me, and wasnt apparent on the diag.

just like to say that i HATE powerflow :( they fix it - it falls off on the way home - they weld it - it blows the next day and when you get it back up there they make you wait all day because your no longer a paying customer AGGGHHHHH!!!!

MY 2 PENITH WORTH LOL