Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's Old G60 Rado

yeah they are the "rallye" lenses, IMO they dont look OE enough so i have got some different ones coming from the states in a few days that should sort it out a bit better.

Had a bit of difficulty getting a non streak finish on the inside of the lense, i got it as good as i could, but ideally i might go over them again with a larger softer brush to get it better... then again you can hardly noticed the slight streak effect when the glass lenses are on anyway.... 8)

well i must say ive done mine

oh no i havent, one of the cats pissed in mine when they were off the car, i wish i was joking but unfortunatly im not. i have a yellow headlight

looks alright though! lol

Just got back from picking my car up from G-werks!! :) :) :) :)

The following work was done :-

Modded Gearbox fitted / Vr6 clutch

BBM Solid mount and new bracket - sorry JT-G60 8)

Custom Remap finished

Stainless Manifold

Solid Tensioner

And a few other general service items...

To say i was impressed was an understatment!!!! i ve had a big grin on my face all day! :)

Darren and the lads didnt finish the map untill 12 o'clock last night!! now thats dedication for ya.. seeing as i was probably asleep at that time. :-P

The car is bloody amazing! it was a bit rapid beforehand but now together with the gearbox and other mods its now seriously quick! to the point i shit myself a few times on the way home.

The VR6 1st & 2nd gears work so well and its flies up to 80 quicker than i can change gear, it revs round so quickly!!!.. :oops:

And looks like i may not have any belt snapping problems now with this solid tensioner which seems to do a very good job in keeping the belt at the correct tensioner all the way upto 6000rpm.

I am so impressed with it i am gonna have to get a vid made up to show you lot what its like on the move!

Big thanks to Darren, Steve & Everyone @ G-werks / PSD , excellent job!! :) :) :D

It must absolutely fly now Mike!!!

It most certianly Does. It definatly the most fun corrado i have ever driven, just needs upgrades to the brakes now and it would be a dream corrado for many to aspire to.. :lol:

This may be a slight worry Darren??

When changing from 3 rd to 4th the car wasnt making full boost and was down on power, its strange almost like the belt was slipping?? but this isnt possible with toothed belt, the only other thing could be a boost leak maybe?

Its happened twice now, at first i thought my charger was going to blow up but there are now noises coming from it at all, like i said usually the car makes an easy 15 psi, when i was giving it some last night the gauge was only reading 11-12 psi when changing gear from 3rd @ around 5800rpm to 4th?? and when i lift of the throttle and buildup the power agian its making full boost, which leads me to think i may have a boost leak somewhere??

any thoughts?

*** just had a quick look over the car, found that the ECU vacuum line going onto the throttle body was quite loose, there was no clamp holding it onto the brass fitment, it seemed to move around quite a bit, would this cause any problems??

I have secured it on now and doesnt seem to move at all now.***

we were seeing varying boost when mapping between 12psi and 16psi. Check around for any leaks also. We dont fix the pipe to the ecu as the brass nipple is very weak and can be easilly damaged if removing slightly out of squre to the ecu.

we were seeing varying boost when mapping between 12psi and 16psi. Check around for any leaks also. We dont fix the pipe to the ecu as the brass nipple is very weak and can be easilly damaged if removing slightly out of squre to the ecu.

Checked all the pipes darren, theres doesnt seem to be any boost leaks??

I am starting to mabye think it maybe my lambda probe?? that stainless manifold flows so nicely that maybe the gases are coming out too quickly for the lamba (GSF universal jobbie) to gauge what is going on when accelerating hard up thru the gears??

Its quite a strange thing that happens, when accelerating hard its almost as if its being retarded slighlty,

For instance, i left it in 3rd gear and booted it and it sort of hit a wall and could only boost up to 10 -11 psi, i then lifted of the throttle and put it back on gently and it backfired almost as if it was chucking loads of fuel out, soons as its done that its fine and its shoots off again??

**Another thing i thought of would be the woodruff key and the bolt on the crank starting to fail as i ve heard this happens quite oftenly, and this i guess may also effect retarding/advancing changes & boost differences?? its only happening when engine is under load? would it be possible that the crank bolt / woodruff can work loose & fail and cause enough movement to adjust the timing**

Looks like my pinking problem has been found!

After a short discussion with darren @ G-werks , it seems the car was mapped on Tesco 99 Ron fuel!!

Now considering that i run my car on 97ron optimax, it means the car is pinking because of the ron rating..

Now this makes me think??? is the tesco stuff better.....

The car does feel a little slower with optimax, and after reading the tesco site thier fuel does seem to be quite good and after a few searchs alot of people running it say its better than optimax and even BP ultimate.

For the time being i think i am gunna whack in some tesco 99 ron and see what happens, atleast it shouldnt pink, giving me enough time untill darren has time to map the car on optimax.

The extreme length i went to change my water pump.... wont be doing this again anytime soon....

I could probably have done it without taking the whole front of the car apart but hey.... the weather was good so why not!! :roll:

DSC00033.jpg

The pump is just behind the charger bracket....

DSC00036.jpg

Blimey... that looks like fun! Good excuse to give it all a damn good cleaning too though 8)

Blimey... that looks like fun! Good excuse to give it all a damn good cleaning too though 8)

yeah!! when my charger belt went there was a load of rubber shards and crap all around the engine bay, so i managed to give it a good clean and everything is looking a better now....

Was going to give the charger a coat of paint but i couldnt be bothered in the end... :oops: i was nursing a mega hangover so i think getting up early to do the water pump was enough for that day. 8)

Right guys and gals! it starts here, what do it do with these??

DSC00111.jpg

i have 3 ideas at the moment....

1. Rims polished - athracite centres

2. Rims polished - Silver centres

3. Rims polshed - coloure coded cetres... (moonlight blue)

i like the idea of all of them , although i think iam leaning towards 1 & 3??

yeah i was thinking that... although i dont wanna copy billijahhs colour coding :) then again it would be a different colour.

Gonna try and do something with the centre caps aswell , they are a little to tall for my liking, might look into possibility of making then shorter.

just splitting them this minute! they are a right bastard to get apart , everything is apart, except the middle cntre rim, cant seem to seperate it from the inner rim....any tips ??

stick some degreaser or wd40 or penetrant spray on it leave it all night and try in the morning might ease it up a bit chap! or get a rubber mallet and give it a gentle tap!

I used brake cleaner.. disolves the glue... then went around the sealent with a blade & scraped the glue shi* out.. rubber mallet is a must.. its a time consuming task mike..

Trial fitted the bbs split rims today..

Used my porsche adapters.. 30mm back 25mm front..

Think i could do with a thinner adapter on the front although the rears seem just about right. 8)

Going to go 25mm adapter at the rear and maybe get another thinner 15 - 20mm adapter for the front

Gonna go with 195/40/R16 fronts & 215/35/R16 for the rears i think maybe??

piccies...

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

may also keep the centres sprayed silver after seeing what they look like on the car... 8)

Quite simply there is no better wheel on a Corrado than BBS RS, period.

i have to agree with ^^ they look qualty and you havemt even refubed them im really changing my view on what you should do think now looking an high power silver paint or a full polish on your black would just look the nuts!