Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

100ron shell

When everyone earns enough money to be able to afford it!

Price of petrol right now is hideous. I paid 97.9 at Gatwick today for super, wouldn't have normally bothered - but I coasted in on fumes. Fecking unreal. I disappear for 3 weeks and petrol jumps up 10p.

Still good to know the war, terrorism and mindless killing is worth something to someone I suppose :(

When everyone earns enough money to be able to afford it!

Price of petrol right now is hideous. I paid 97.9 at Gatwick today for super, wouldn't have normally bothered - but I coasted in on fumes. Fecking unreal. I disappear for 3 weeks and petrol jumps up 10p.

Still good to know the war, terrorism and mindless killing is worth something to someone I suppose :(

:shock: How much was the Diesel. My g/f runs a Diesel car but the price of it just doesn’t justify the MPG's anymore :roll:

If we go past 99.9p/litre, surely lots of companies will need to put up new signs, as they don't have enough digits!

It's getting ridiculous in this country...

That's how it was in Canada when I was there, they were all bitchin' about it going over a dollar a litre (bear in mind that you get 2.2 dollars to the £).

The petrol station signs looked funny with the 1's tagged on tho...

Blame Canada!!

dinkus, you farted?

We're 2.2x more expensive, and they're whinging? Typical..

Bloody Texans were the same. $2.30 a gallon and they were moaning.

That's about 40p a litre. Dunno they've been born :roll:

Well when you drive a truck with a 200 gallon tank that gets 4mpg then I can understand why it might get a bit expensive filling up...

They should try filling up their 200 gallon 4mpg truck in the UK then.... :lol:

I paid £0.899 pl tonight and that was Shell diesel Extra!

Its about time they set a ceiling on petrol prices inline with crude oil like they do in spain. it means that the oil companies cant charge over a set rate. its brilliant and stops motorway services charging miiles more. Some places are still cheaper but most places are inline with each other.

A BP not far from me is charging over a pound a litre for its diesel, the one from it's "Ultimate" collection!

The bas*ards know every company as well as joe public are buying diesels more than ever now, so what do they do? Charge ridiculous amounts of cash for some dirty old fuel thats been syphoned out of an old dump truck in a nearby building site.

I remember the days when diesel was half the price of petrol, oh and what a coincidence, there were far less diesel vehicles on the road too!

Yes I know demand makes for inflation but come on!

Soon, diesel cars will no longer give you the best mileage for your money, because it will be selling at twice that of petrol.

And regarding the question asked, never, the Germans want all of it for themselves, I wanted some V-Max(100Ron) while in Germany and they wouldn't let me have it. :lol:

Shell have stopped selling super plus 98 in Holand now and have replaced it with V-Power - which is only 97 RON. :(

Never heard of 100 RON before and Shell defo. won't be selling it here as I've already quized them about not selling 98 anymore!!

Also, we actually now pay more for petrol and deisel here in The Netherlands than you guys do in the UK. F*#k&ng extortionate!!

Dutch

Is 2 RON really worth spending god know how much a year, even month more on. Might aswell buy something that actually makes the car goes faster :roll:

A BP not far from me is charging over a pound a litre for its diesel, the one from it's "Ultimate" collection!

Did you see BP's profits ? Hardly surprising really. They have to pay for their falling-over semi-submersible rigs somehow.

I heard that Tesco sell 100RON at a few of their sites; don't know the price though.

Best wishes

RB

StormVR6, this is true however until that day im happy at over 44mpg average!!

yeah, but what's the mpg of the car towing you!!! :lol:

Is 2 RON really worth spending god know how much a year, even month more on. Might aswell buy something that actually makes the car goes faster :roll:

I have, a supercharger, and it needs higher RON than 95.

97 on a normal engine is not about making the car go faster, it's about relaxing the knock sensors so that you get more advance, more of the time and advance gives you torque.

Oh and I did read/hear somewhere that the 100 octane version of Shell's V-Power was coming to the UK. It seems there was/is quite a demand for it over here as Brits by more sports cars than anywhere else in Europe at the moment, including Jap imports which need 100 octane where UK tuned maps aren't available.

Quite ironic really as 5 star fuel (100 octane) was readily available in the UK up to about 1988, then leaded fuel was pulled. It's why Golf and pug GTIs used to fly, now they barely make manufacturers power figures and never achieve the quoted 0-60s.

I paid 99.9p for bp ultimate unleaded at toddington services coming back from Bug Jam..

I nearly cried.

The shell near me is still doing Optimax for 91.2p (well is was last week at least!!)