Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

i hate the G-lader

Yeah, if you have a Lysholm you'll certainly know about it. As will everyone in a 3 mile radius... they're loud... :D

if you get a lysholm you need the silencer kit,, however you need to be carefull as apparently the weight of the silencer kits can cause the charger to flex siezing them up,, if you do use a lysholm ensure it is supported at both ends to avoid this,,

what does the BBM sound liike then they say

Keep in mind that this charger is much louder than the G-Lader and will attract some attention. The BBM Screw Compressor kit on the G60 platform sounds similar to a high boost blown V8 drag engine with a gear drive.

sounds good to me!

TRY THIS! :shock:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27917

Ford F150 Lightnings use Eaton's as well. They're hooooj!

They're a bit more parasitic than most other chargers too... but given they usually nestle between 2 banks of 4 cylinders and their output is proportional to their size, few people worry about a bit of power sapping....especially when the net output is still silly, in the case of the Merc SLR :lol:

Yup, most of the time in the F150 you can make speedly progress without even using the charger. 5.4 litres is sufficient for most applications :lol: When it does kick in you REALLY feel it. It produces 350ft/lbs on tickover :twisted:

most probably gonna the the BBM charger but aint getting the silencer, neighbours gonna love me as i always take the car to work on a friday so i can get home quicker and start the wkend

i was not in the car so cannot comment on driving but i have been told the most probable cause is the engine being reved the tits and the small belt inside the charger jumping a tooth, thus putting the charger out of sync inside and thus grenading itself

One of my friends is using the eaton on his C. and it works wery well. With a 70mm pulley it puts out 1,2 bar, and you can run a 50mm with no problem. This would give around 2 bar +- so i hope that you have a different engine manegment system on becouse the original will only work up to 1,2 bar.

were you using the wider belt?

nope standard charger and 74mm pulley, was having all charger work done next month (WAS)

It was most likely the other way around. The charger grenading and shredding belt.

The bearings on the top shaft is lubed only by the grease inside. When the bearings get old/hot the seals let the grease out and it will lead to a broken bearing, "stalling" the shaft, and grenading everything else.

get a lysholm, seriously these things are really worth the money, I have just finished getting my lysholm 2087 charger (same as BBM) working on my g60 and will never go back to glader, these chargers are phenominal, I used to haev a glader that pushed a solid 15psi and switched to a custom installation of a lysholm (thanks father in Law) running an 18psi pulley, although I only see 15 on the gauge, (guess the FMIC eats a few psi) and the power difference is massive.

A few considerations though.

1. these chargers have internal compression which means they are much better than eatons or roots or centrifugal (I personally would not consider any these chargers as they lack top end power or bottom end grunt depending on which you buy and are not as efficent as the gLader, so you may end up dissapointed), but the charger and teh exhust air that comes out of them is hot, very hot, so you will need a very good intercooler.

I am also considering aquamist as well as my rallye intercooler

2. these chargers are not indestructable, although they will hopefully last much longer than a glader they are still prone to metal weaknesses and because they get hot (think bicycle pump) they expand and contract with heat. I guess some may not have the correct tolerances and might fail.

3. they are loud, and the noise is fantastic at full throttle, sounds like a jet, but becuase the noise is a noise not typically associated with a car it will turn a few heads, and may annoy ;-)

have a read of some of the vortex forums....

other than that get one as Like I said before these chargers are fantastic.

can you put one of these bad boy BBM/Lysholm chargers onto a standard engine or do you have to uprate things first? if you have to uprate things what things need uprating.

cheers,

you can put them onto a standard G60 engine, its just a replacement charger, they come with their own oil lines. IF you want to run a 50mm pulley you need to do something about piston rings and perhaps better rods, its the same as with a G60. you throw that much boost into an engine and you need to upgrade the internals. The intercooler does need to be uprated, yes. I would have to say get the radtec kit for the golf rallye and then get some bigger injectors, this should suit you for a while. limited slip is also reccommended at this much boost.