Sign in to follow this  
boab

Single wiper or Lupo Gti ones???

which is the best option to go for here?? i quite like the look of the single wiper kit although if it werent going to be as good as the lupo ones then i wouldnt bother?? also anyone know where you can get these lupo wipers cheap?

Lupo wipers look and work much better. I guess you get what you pay for, I believe you can save a few quid by getting non VW wipers but you’ll need the arms which cost around £50 a pair.

the only problem is that the rear wiper looks pants on the back so you have to do someting with it aswell

Just remove the rear wiper altogther cleans up the rear no end 8)

Or mod the rear wiper to Lupo style aswell :wink:

But ultimately it's a lot more satisfying not wiping my rear end at all, looks so much nicer :lol:

On the front I find Lupo arms and standard Bosch metal blades offer a far superior and smoother wipe than the Poopo aero blades.

Some folk get on better with the Poopo blades than others though. On average they last about 2 months before they start juddering on me. My normal blades are a year old and still smear and judder free, so it's nowt to do with the wiper mech (which is all new anyway) or the screen.

but is the rear lupo wiper not tiny??? it would look rubish on such a big window

on removing the wiper altogether im attached to my rear wiper :lol: and i couldnt drive or reverse without it

I think you use a front Lupo on the rear. You need to cut down the arm slightly and weld the lug back on. JMR did mine for me :oops: Looks completely factory though.

See my Dubforce pics below though for the fronts :)

ive got a lupo rear wiper but id rather just be rid of the thing....

by the by...ive got lupo wiper arms and blades and am most unimpressed and dissapointed with them to be honest. :( ...they miss a big patch..like the old ones did.....and appear to push the water around on my side...which the old ones did...

im not sure if i need a new mech?

Exactly, the lupo rear wiper mod is 19 or 18", what ever it is, as per the standard rear wiper. But as the villager said, I'm happier with it removed altogether as the rear wiper rarely gets used.....and I use the car every day for work.

The windscreen might not be flat which might be why patches are being missed.....it's not unheard of.

when i first got my lupo arms and blades one of the blades had been kinked in the bag, and it left a streak across the screen for the first couple of months but after it settled down it was fine and still is. just dont use cheap screenwash with a high alcohol content as they harden the blades and cause judder

cheers coolrado...that could be the problem..i bought them from a untrustworthy forum member who didnt pack them properly....maybe they will sort themselves out.,... :wink:

Like coolrado says, the high alchohol content in some screenwashes will harden the rubber, Kevhaywire was getting thru a pair of blades every 6 weeks, when I asked the brand of screenwash he used he replied 'Smirnoff' :roll:

My first set of blades lasted nearly 2 years (as they should) using Decosol screen wash...

I did it on my car using an old scirocco mech and made a hybrid of the corrado one, does work but the area of clearance of the screen is smaller than my old scirocco with single wiper as the shape of the screen only seems to allow a 20" blade. Still not bad and was cheaper than lupo wipers for me. Also id does work better than standard arms BUT If I was gonna spend £60 on a kit i would go for lupo ones.

No-one has really commented on the single wiper conversion - does it work ok ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

i bought that kit for mine,it would not work correctly,the linkage was hitting itself and the car!

the spindle was also wobbling where it sticks through the panel.

got a storm kit after sending it back,no probs at all.

and it works well. 8)

i got a set of lupos only just fitted them.. but there on ebay now for 71 quid each....

Clicky

a quick question.. im takin my rear wiper out next few days and miss scarlett kindly donated me a bung.. bless

somewhere on here i heard about a product to put on the rear screen.. to help the water bead off ? anyone know what it is and how often u need to apply it ?

cheers guys

MY VOTE IS LUPO !!! SINGLE WIPER FAR TOO 80'S FOR ME ..

You can buy lupo wipers in the group buy section, cheaper than fleabay too ;) Had mine over a year, still good 8)

decosol screen wash comes in a few different types.. one with deicer one called tip and measure .. which one is best as not to get my lupo blades drunk on alcohol..

OH nad wheres the easiest and best place to buy from price wise.. ive tried halfrauds ..

just wondering if there are any places without havin to pay ridiculous postage costs

andy

My standard wipers were po0 - cleaned the driver side but no cleaning on the passenger side. Fitted Lupos after the drivers side arm flew off on the M1 in the rain. They're fantastic - I can see and so can my passenger!!

Oh but it did cost me about £100 but well worth it in my opinion - one of the best 'value' mods you can do - that and an uprated headlight loom...