Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Peloquin Limo Diff's???

Whats the feeling on these, has anyone got one fitted?

i have gotten a very very very good price on one of these landed here from the us and am tempted

any input appreciated

from what i read they are basicly identical to a quaiffe

They are identical to the quaife but with the Peloquin you get a warranty, diff bolts and diff bearings, not to mention being cheaper.

You don't get Jack Schitt with the Quaife.

I wanted the Pelly but the supplier couldn't get one over to the UK in time for when I needed it, so went with a Quiff instead, but I'm not bothered as the bolts and diff bearings were part of the gearbox rebuild price anyway, so I just paid the £500 for the ATB.

rmn, ok then how much can you get one for, i would like one too as people have said they are the most satisfying mod for the money if you have enough powere to cause problems with traction in the first place.

Chris

i got a quote of under £480 landed in ireland from the us including everything, so i assume the uk would be the same price

thats the one, i know there can be a bit of a time delay, but my car will be luckey to be fineished by christmas, due to moving house and having no time, so i think its the way to go.

The delay wasn't bad, he needed a week to get one across but unfortunately I needed it sooner, but it was my fault for not speaking to him earlier....but the box build was a rash decision at the last minute....and the Quiff only cost me £500 anyway, so not a huge difference.

I can import from the states.

fancy a group buy?

yes, I run one in mine. I'd alreasy bought a quaife, but then decided to go for 4wd, and waufie wouldn't do me a diff witht he reqired splines to run the transfer box, so I had to sell it, unused, at a £100 loss and buy a peloquin direct fron Gary Peloquin in the states.

Without a doubt the best thing I have ever bought for the car, absolutley amazing peice of kit, you NEED one, the VR should have come from the factory with one. you will not belive the difference one of these makes to the handling of your car. check out my donnington vid and just look at the way I can drive around the OUTSIDE of cars on corners, the grip coming out of bends is just unreal, you'd swear that the car isn't FWD anymore.

If you buy a supercharger instead of one of these you're a bell end. spend you money where the car need it, grip not horsepower.

ok, prices coming soon. I'll get in touch with my US contact and see what he can do.

Register your Group buy interest on this trahed please.

Lee you WILL need one if you're going turbo, I can just imagine it now, boost coming on mid corner.....ouch.

But if you don't get a charger then there is a great deal less of a reason to need a diff but with FI they are desperately needed.

Chris

Not identical to a quiafe, the quiafe uses dished washers and is really quite a piss poor design, but it des work. Though their after market is shit, as well as their warranty.

Buy a Peloquin and you'll even save a few quid over the Quaife!

ok, prices coming soon. I'll get in touch with my US contact and see what he can do.

Register your Group buy interest on this trahed please.

Lee you WILL need one if you're going turbo, I can just imagine it now, boost coming on mid corner.....ouch.

Bump, want to order one in jan if you can still get them.

What's required in fitting one of these - ie. is it worth getting a gearbox rebuild at the same time or can it just be fitted on its own? What sort of fitting cost are you looking at?

...If you buy a supercharger instead of one of these you're a bell end. spend you money where the car need it, grip not horsepower.

...or fit both .... :wink:

I can vouch for these little beauties as being all of that and the rest, better that Quaife, cheaper than Quaife and come with complete kit.

If you are thinking of uprating your power then this IMO is a must have!!

Unfortunately the pound at the mo is at its weakest its been for a few years I think, but pennies really in the big scheme of things.

Ill dig prices out of rebuild etc etc if any you peeps want them!

Hhhhhmmm Depending on when this happens I am def interested. Just a bit short at the mo. But next month or so will be fine!

Yeah mirroring Johnboy's comments, they're great. I couldn't get a Pelly over in time for my box rebuild to so had to go with a quaife instead, but all in it cost me no more as the diff bolts and bearings etc are all included in Stealth's rebuild cost anyway.

I took the oppurtunity to alter the final drive at the same time and had every bearing and synchro replaced. The box feels factory slick, it's awesome :-)

John, what's the difference between the quiff and the Pelly? I thought they were identical where the 02A is concerned?

Quaife are idiots, they invented it but didn't file a worldwide patent, so Gary Peloquin copied it and good on him. What's more grating is Quaife UK couldn't give a snot about UK customers, but US customers get warranties and support. We get jack. That was why I wanted a Pelly, to boycott the stuck up Quaife gits....but couldn't get one in time :-(

I want one of these more than anything! Not an option at the moment unfortunately but maybe in the summer...

John, what's the difference between the quiff and the Pelly? I thought they were identical where the 02A is concerned?

Yeah they are mate I was just meaning the entire package, ie parts pack and customer service not to mention the price.

Youve got PM Kev!