Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

Roll Cage

I am thinking of fitting a roll cage to the corrado seeing as though it will be walloped mercilessly on the track.

a) anyone know who does them?

and

b) how much and can you retain the rear seats with them?

b) how much and can you retain the rear seats with them?

back seats? nah mate, get yourself a no-compromise cage and a small hammock ;)

Weichers make a bolt in one thats very nice

here is a pic of it

rollcage03.sized.jpg

With this one the back seat stays in place and the rear diagonals are removable.

Safety devices list a weld in one, but its going to mean the back seats no good

I heard safety devices were no more?

One of the american users (red=fast maybe) recently fitted a cage that looked good, dont know the make though.

I dont know i have yet to pay for it :lol:

vst on here from time to time does them here in ireland, not sure if he can supply uk, but he will be able to point you in the right direction

The bolt in ones are going to be about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the event of an actual crash, surely? Especially if it has removable sections :?

If you're gonna get a cage put in, do it properly and get it welded in...

i thought the weichers was show cage only

It does look more of a show cage with all them joins in it, a proper cage will be welded up as much as possible and probably be a bit thicker tubing than that as well.

CoxyLaad, is your car getting built more for the track or as a road oriented car? If its for the track mainly it would be worth getting a full on weld in cage.

The bolt in ones are going to be about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the event of an actual crash, surely? Especially if it has removable sections :?

If you're gonna get a cage put in, do it properly and get it welded in...

not the case, a lot of track driving school cars have bolt in cages

plus when i was the nurburgring last easter i was looking at the cars and there were lots of cages that were bolt in and weichers too, hence my choice.

i dont think the flexability is going to be as much of an issue as you would think.

for me i want the cage for piece of mind and also to stiffen up the shell somewhat, the removable sections are going to be left in place in my car most of the time. i feel that a cage of any sort, especially if tuv aprooved, is going to be strong and give the car a good deal of extra strength should the unthinkablke happen :wink:

I have to agree here - you dont have to weld strut braces to the top of your turrets but they still work dont they?

of course they would :-)

but my point being there is a benefit in a bolt in cage yes?

so with the weichers do you have to cut your dash up or you parcel shelf supports :?

Certainly is....in theory, I've not tried one.

Most cages I've seen have to have holes cut in the dash as the tubes but up agains the A pillars, so sounds like you may have to do that yes.

The sunroof might also be a consideration (if fitted) depending on how high the B billar cross bar sits.

i looked at one fitted, it clears the dash, the sunroof is fine, you may need to notch your rear door card panels, but thats it

it will be about 3 weeks till i get my onf fitted, so i will know more then and let you all know, there are more pics on the site i "borrowed" that pic off :lol:

http://www.hostdub.com/Oichan_album06:P9020051

i have finally fitted the cage, so here are a few pics for people to see the look

sorry about the big images, i forgot to resize them at home abd dont have any photo editing software here

AUT_3902.JPG

AUT_3901.JPG