Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

big thanks to darren for taking the time to talk me through a few tests.

seems all sensors,earths etc are good,and no vac leaks.

after speaking to darren,we sort of came to thinking either the chip or ecu was fecked.

i put the superchip back in darren,but its still the same m8.

i even tried my old spark plugs tonight for the hell of it :lol:

try the ecu next? suppose its the only thing left?!

edit:forgot to add,when i removed the sns chip,the two end pins were a little bent inwards,i pulled it out evenly and cant imagine i bent them putting it in! if i did then it aint like me!

thanks,neil.

You checked the vac pipe to the map sensor (the internal pipe inside the ECU casing)

the little black plastic pipe m8?

i had a quick look and it seemed ok,a clip on each end iirc,goes to a black box thing which i just sorta looked at and prodded a bit :lol:

is that the actual map sensor?

neil.

ahh cheers m8,well i suppose im learning through all this. :)

in fact matbe i should have checked for any dry solder joints?

is that something that happens on the ecu's?

ps:possibly decided on a new car,just need some more info on them :)

neil.

im looking at stuff in the region of 5k,if i sell the rado and the sportline.

ideally i wanted something newer,and non vw but looking around there isnt much to go for. :?

anyway,searching for older stuff threw a couple of choices up,mitsi lancer evo 3? nissan 300zx so far,i like the idea of a lancer,always liked the look of the evo 4's,but i dont know too much about them.

really like the look of this :D didnt realise they would be in my price bracket!

neil.

ideally i wanted something newer,and non vw but looking around there isnt much to go for. :?

anyway,searching for older stuff threw a couple of choices up,mitsi lancer evo 3? nissan 300zx so far,i like the idea of a lancer,always liked the look of the evo 4's,but i dont know too much about them.

really like the look of this :D didnt realise they would be in my price bracket!

neil.

Thats all well and good mate, but you WILL be ill when that goes bloody wrong........

i will? ahh feck that then :lol:

nah,its just something im thinking about really,but i would like something more reliable than the corrado :roll:

wonder what the next problem will be? and when? probably next month?

just think when you fix it and sell it on the next owner will benefit from all your hard work and have a very nice clean reliable corrado ;)

just think when you fix it and sell it on the next owner will benefit from all your hard work and have a very nice clean reliable corrado

Agreed, sell it if you don't like it whilst its running fine, otherwise fix it and enjoy it. Better the devil you know, and you will know it well by the end of all this.

rev counter stopped working today :D :mad:

cheers guys,i dunno i think ive just lost faith in vw...

think ill see how i feel about it once its up and running again.

neil.

Thats all well and good mate, but you WILL be ill when that goes bloody wrong........

You'll also be ill when you get an insurance quote prolly :?

aye.

im starting to like the skoda octavia vrs jobbies and the seat cupra r's...

see what happens with the rado first though,friggin thing! :x

just wondering if the rev counter (stopped working) which i believe is fed by the coil,could be something to do with my problem?

if the coils dodgy could it cause this?

neil.

check your secondary functions on the mfa, if the rev counter is working on the lcd display for the mfa then i would think it's your actual clocks as they both read from the same source, if the mfa reading doesn't work either then i don't know

hth

Riley, call me you muppet... :roll:

I've a spare ECU, spare CO pot, spare vac hose, spare coil etc etc etc.. that we can bung on it (or onto mine) to check they're working OK...

Only thing is, you'll have to wait until I can get some fuel to put in my car 'cos it's stranded at home at the moment and the local petrol station hasn't got any fuel left due to all these arseholes panic buying... :roll:

Henny Ive already offered mate. Looks like he wants to do it the hard way and fix everything else first, thing is as he has just worked out, there was f all wrong with his head in the first place so he is just wasting his time and money instead of taking the advise of people who know what they are going on about.

But not only the advise but people who are offering to go round and phisicaly help him fix it

Sorry Riley but you need to step back and think for a second and stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself when people like myself want to friggin fix it for you!

Rant over!

gibber,theres no need to get like that m8,i think you need to start reading the topic with a little more interest if you are genuinely interested,page 12 maybe? where i wrote about all the sensors/vac/earths being tested and fine.

first of all im getting conflicting advice as what to do,second of all my life is in bits at the moment (irrelevant i know)

thirdly,ive got an ecu on the way,in the post ya know? why bother making henny drive all the way up here with an ecu?

fourthly,am i coming across like a total thick bastard or what? i know how to do things such as ive been doing.....

or do you want to come over and plug the ecu in for me when it arrives? :?

dont forget it is better to test your ecu in an otherwise sound car like others have said, your ecu shouldnt harm another car but if you have a wiring problem you could end up damaging another ecu,,, something to bear in mind,,