jimborae

How do I remove Scorpion Alarm & immobilser?

If I take it out, it won't be getting replaced. I have no need for an alarm where I live, so less to go wrong if I do away with it completely

If I take it out, it won't be getting replaced. I have no need for an alarm where I live, so less to go wrong if I do away with it completely

Might be worth buying a Toad Ai606 (£114.00) and getting a trained fitter to remove the old one and install the new one, most will charge just over a £100 in labour if you take the car to them . Used parts are getting very expensive on these cars and I can actually start seeing classics getting stolen more often as thieves wise up to this . A none immobilized Corrado would be very easy pickings for them and for the sake of a Couple hundred pounds its peace of mind and you'll get the old one removed. Might also help your insurance premium.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOAD-Ai606-THATCHAM-CAT-1-CAR-ALARM-INSURANCE-APPROVED-CERTIFICATE-TEC-SUPPORT/290329751409?epid=716189572&hash=item4399006f71:g:2AIAAOSwFTRTpJoe

Edited by Keyo

I think the fitter has to supply the alarm, for the insurance to accept it.

As I live in the Scottish islands, getting a fitter would mean taking car to the central belt, which is a day down and a day back.

There is next to no vehicle theft on the island. I could probably leave keys in ignition in the town for a week and nobody would bat an eyelid at it!

I think the fitter has to supply the alarm, for the insurance to accept it.

As I live in the Scottish islands, getting a fitter would mean taking car to the central belt, which is a day down and a day back.

There is next to no vehicle theft on the island. I could probably leave keys in ignition in the town for a week and nobody would bat an eyelid at it!

Ah Ok didn't realise you was on an island . A certificate comes with the immobiliser when you order it off ebay and then the fitter who should be registered fills in the certificate so your ok you can buy your own immobiliser chap .