Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

G60 X-flow - Anyone completed one of these yet ?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has actually completed one of these set-ups in the UK yet ? Using G60 PG bottom end and ABA crossflow head with custom intake manifold and relocated alternator etc. Haven't seen any doing the rounds and only a couple in the US.

Lots of set-ups have been done using turbo's in place of the G60 charger but it's not the same really :?

Cheers

Have found better gains in other ways now.. imho the Crossflow conversion looks very messy and very non OEM.

Have found better gains in other ways now.. imho the Crossflow conversion looks very messy and very non OEM.

such as???

I cant take the credit for this myself but i did aproch a company that has made my dreams come true... "head wise anyway" we can now flow vast amounts of air through a counterflow g60 head .... :lol:

your thinking of Eurospec. These are now vey rare but if anyone has accurate flow data on these i would like to compare them to our new ones... :wink:

sounds interesting

sure does wonder how much they are, darren iknow your always bit cagey with prices!! go on how much ish!!!

i dont like advertising on here... its not fair as this is a forum for help/advice / banter... not prices. Mail me for info please guys ...well prices anyway as ill post the rest of the info up no bother..:lol:

not prices. ill post the rest of the info up no bother..:lol:

ok,how many of these things would you do a swap for?

no £££ signs involved :lol:

1984poundsilverproofscottishthistlerev240.jpg

jus jokin,what sort of increases have you found darren?

and bigger valves or not?

dunno why im asking,i havent got any feckin money :lol:

these heads that Darren's doing ain't exactly cheap, but looking at the data from the flow tests, they're well worth the cash... 8)

any pics or details on the spread sheets?

im just interested to see the diffarences 8)

in fact,pics of the head would be wicked :D

here's a pic I've had from Daz showing the difference in gas flow between a standard cylinder and one of the machined cylinders...

*edit - these graphs are all with standard valve sizes, just the CNC machining differences! *

Well the eurospec ones are $3000 ish if i remember correctly

One of my friends is building a eurospec G60 at the moment, should be on the road next week

I was talking to Darren about these the other day, they do sound very very good, the gains on the flow bench are very impresive.

Having just spoken to Darren, Please be aware that the graph I have posted above is running with STANDARD VALVE SIZES! The only thing making the difference between the standard and the modified flow rates is the CNC porting!

Daz says that there's another 15% improvement with the larger valves they can fit!

He's going to post up some data later (hopefully with some pics and some other interesting comparisons ;) ) which should show just how good these heads are...

GazzaG60, nope, nowhere near what either the Eurospec or G-werks head can do...

Henny, that will be interesting alright!

I know there was a eurospec mk1 G60 done by stealth that was putting out 270 bhp AFAIK.

It was for sale on here a while ago.

It is interesting to see what can be done with an 8v setup now!

Much more even line on the machined head, especially at the top end.

In a normally aspirated car the most performance gain you can get for a little expenditure is a gasket port and polish.

Be interesting to see what the same level of work on a cross flowed head would produce...