Sign in to follow this  
TomB

A brief yet comedic encounter.

As I was parking up to pick up some friends on Saturday the young security guard came over and said "Nice car mate." "Thanks" I replied, "it's for sale if you're interested."

"No, I've got a VR6 with a rebuilt titanium block, and 4 turbo chargers that pushes out 700bhp, tops out at 197mph. The whole thing only weighs 300KG and gets to 60 in 3.1 seconds this is because of its carbon fibre bonnet, gull-wing doors, passat front end, golf interior and air-scoop above the windscreen. It's running a 4-motion system that I can turn on and off with a switch on the dashboard."

This conversation too place over about 5 minutes, with me finding it increasingly difficult to keep a straight face. Make no mistake, the guy was being serious and trying to make me believe this. Rather than laugh in a derisory manner I decided it was best to play along as he was about to be left watching my car.

Having spoken to my friends, I have ascertained that he actually drives a Corsa.

Still chuckling... :D

Oh dear, hope he isn't guarding electrical items he might hurt himself on a plug.

'Yeah, so what happended was this pig came down from the sky and took everything; honest guv.'

Was that close to an actual quote or along the same lines but slighty exagerated? I find it hard to believe that someone could ever deal out such a load of old toss :)

I was speaking to a bloke a few months ago who reckons he had a 700bhp Triumph Dolomite, I asked, "Was it a dragster?". He replied, "No it was just a race Dolomite 4 cyl engine". After that I kind of switched off.

I feel people like these need to be put straight. Everyone likes to exagerate stories a little but I couldn't listen to someone talking such rubbish without telling them what I thought. I have a 'friend' with a Renault 5 Turbo who likes to do the same. He gets told...a lot.

I feel people like these need to be put straight. Everyone likes to exagerate stories a little but I couldn't listen to someone talking such rubbish without telling them what I thought. I have a 'friend' with a Renault 5 Turbo who likes to do the same. He gets told...a lot.

I know what you mean, plus if you don't say anything, you look like you don't have a clue either, but it didn't seem worth getting into a big discussion over it. As soon as he said that, the conversation ended.

The whole conversation (if you can call my barely restrained laughter at the tosh he was coming out with a conversation) lasted about 5 minutes. He started with the 700bhp VR comment and then kept embelishing this imaginary car with whatever tommyrot came into his head I think.

If he hadn't been alone with my car for five minutes afterwards while I walked to my friends' flat, I would have put him straight on a few things. As it was, I merely asked pointed questions such as: "I take it it's blown?" [blank look] and "What are you using for delivery, Haldex, 4 Motion...?" [blank look...no wait, I've heard of 4-motion...I'll say that].

:-)

The whole conversation (if you can call my barely restrained laughter at the tosh he was coming out with a conversation) lasted about 5 minutes. He started with the 700bhp VR comment and then kept embelishing this imaginary car with whatever tommyrot came into his head I think.

If he hadn't been alone with my car for five minutes afterwards while I walked to my friends' flat, I would have put him straight on a few things. As it was, I merely asked pointed questions such as: "I take it it's blown?" [blank look] and "What are you using for delivery, Haldex, 4 Motion...?" [blank look...no wait, I've heard of 4-motion...I'll say that].

:-)

you should have asked him where he sourced his flux capacitor from :wink:

you should have asked him where he sourced his flux capacitor from Wink

lol!!

these chavvy types are just so predictable they just dont get cars at all but then we are blinkered driving one of the best production cars available!