Sign in to follow this  
wemneb

Under 21's insurance

Hi,

i'm looking at getting a corrado and finding one for the right price isn't too difficult, but finding half decent insurance is a bit more of a problem (i know its never going to be "cheap" at 18 )!

Just wondering which companies under 21's on here use?

cheers, ben.

Lol, erm I tried everywhere mate, I got several massive quotes. Ive got no restrictions etc no convictions. and i found that dial driect found the cheapest. well it wasnt cheap but it was the least amount i found, i found it through confused.com

good luck

If u don't mind me asking, how much are u paying at the moment? What engine have u got?

I'm looking at these kinda prices with elephant when i'm 19 (2 years license, 1 NCB, and clean license):

91 g60.............£1350

92 2.0 16V.......£1556

91 1.8 16V.......£1578

all fully comp. it's about 300 quid less tpf&t.

Well put it this way, Ive been driving for about 3-4 months now and my Corrado was my first car. Insurers waasn't so kind to me and I'm paying £2702 (To insure a g60 wouldve been only £120 more lol)

Engine is a 1.8 16v.

Do believe I couldve got some cheaper but it was a case of "INSURE NOW!" as soon as I got home from my driving test lol.

Not about the money to me tho :)

Let me put it this way chaps.

I'm 43 years old and with Highway i pay £165 and that's as a second car with only 30% discount.

Hope that's made you feel better.

Also , it may be worth trying a quote with your mum or girlfriend added as a second driver, sometimes that makes it cheaper.

I'm paying £2702

My God. That is over £200 a month! Fair play mate, you love the Rado. :D

Cheers, will give axa a try tomorrow, though they seem to be rac now (or at least i'm being directed to their site). Yeah, i couldn't work out the g being the cheapest? Surely its quicker than the 16v's? They did say i have to be 21 for a vr6 though, not that i can afford one anyway!

Those quotes were with my mum and dad on, knocked off bout 3/400 quid in the end!

Adrian flux have been giving me stupid quotes on a few cars, don't think they really aim for the under 21 market.

Let me put it this way chaps.

I'm 43 years old and with Highway i pay £165 and that's as a second car with only 30% discount.

Hope that's made you feel better.

one day, one day (maybe)!

cheers, ben

Yeah, i've found that only elephant/admiral/bell (all same company) seem to do it though. Not sayin there aren't others, just not many it seems.

Hmm, cheapest with confused was £1600 TPFT, so few hundred quid more than elephant. Doesn't look like i'm gonna get any better than that to be honest! Was to be expected i suppose.

Going to have a re-think now anyway!

Cheers 4 the help guys.

£995 for me with admiral. Only 2 years no claims but im also Diabetic which ups the prices im afraid. But thats not all that bad for my 1.8 16V, strangly enough its the same price for the VR6!

would never of dreamed of tryin to get insurance on a rado at 18 :lol: couple of yrs with a **cough**nissan cherry and a 1 litre metro was about all i could afford :D

I'm 19 paying 78 quid a month with norwich union direct 3 years no claims and no points yu cant beat that!

How do you get 3 years' no claims at 19...?!

Good luck though wemneb - my second car at 18 was an Uno Turbo and I was paying £950 a year tpft!

How do you get 3 years' no claims at 19...?!

Yeah I was thinking that, you can't get a car insurance policy until your 17..can you?

some companies transfer your NCB if you have a moped at 16.

i insured my g60 at 19 with elephant, and am now insured with brentacre for 1000 tp+t