Sign in to follow this  
OK VR6

Corrado VR6 Vs Fiat Coupe 20v T

Hi all,

My mate is thing of gettign a Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo, I have read up and they have an excellent spec.

Does anyone have any experiece regarding them, are they fast/better then the Raddo?

They are a lot lighter and very very fast - would leave a vr6 behind.

I could google the specs, but i am sure someone else will come along in a min...

Better is a subjective thing, but faster, oh yes... they are indeed....but not buy a massive margin out on the open roads.

The Fiat has an LSD as standard, so are quicker off the mark and have better grip round corners too.

Being turbod, they can be modded up to 260+ very easily aswell.... a Supercharged VR6 with a Quaife is a fairer comparison imo.

From memory I thing the cambelt change is about £750 although that is probably main dealer. I think I remember seeing a company advertising the change for £500 :crazyeyes:

I have always liked them though and they are very cheap although I suspect costly to run and I would definately choose sorted Vr6 over one.

I had a few straight line sprints with a guy in a Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo some months back when I had my Rado.. don't know what the deal is with the numbers, or whether he was down on power or something but we basically just sat side by side up to about 110MPH from a standing start and both backed down for a speed camera.. then again up to the same speed before both realising there was nothing in it and just driving normally again...

I guess though as my G60 had nearly another 20BHP than a standard VR6, then thats going to have helped a bit..

gsbellew, i think that was an urban myth - I believe skilled garages can do it in about 4 hours with no engine out...

by the way 450th post :cool:

gsbellew, i think that was an urban myth - I believe skilled garages can do it in about 4 hours with no engine out...

by the way 450th post :cool:

Not according to the fiat forum :wink:

Its still properly cheaper than changing the chains/tensioner?

work it out..how often do cambelts need changing compared to chains!!

gsbellew, hrmm I am sure I have read something on a forum saying that it was a myth...

meh, I own a Corrado! i don't care :D

A mate had his belt changed with engine in situ. He did say its very rare though.

The 20VT is 220 bhp, and ways a bit less than a C, so it is quicker. Theyre both nice to look at too, but the sound of that lovely VR going through its paces mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :notworthy:

I personally I think the fiat rust bucket is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen! I have read quite a few comparison posts between these two cars in the last year, which upset me when I had the Corrado as much as they do now. In my opinion people choose a Fiat 20v (oops my turbo rusted off) in the same way people choose a Porsche Cayenne - because they have no taste!

Someones got to drive them I suppose, I'd rather walk!

I'm sure a domino's delivery bike is quicker than a VR6 with a turbo, would I have one? NO

I'm okay now

Bye

Its still properly cheaper than changing the chains/tensioner?

work it out..how often do cambelts need changing compared to chains!!

think its 48k miles on the FIAT..............so thats twice to the Corrado's maybe once

big deep breath Neil...! lol.... chill.....!

have to admit I wouldnt touch em either, ugly, ugly cars... (imho of course!)

In my opinion people choose a Fiat 20v (oops my turbo rusted off) in the same way people choose a Porsche Cayenne - because they have no taste!

Oh come on....the Cayenne is well horny :-) Twin Turbo V8, competent handling, solid build.....it's a decent car/truck/bus/thing imo 8) It's Toureg brother is the looker of the family (OK, an ugly family) though and that has a whopper of an engine too....555lb/ft torque... not much can compete with that....and it can chip to over 800!

Not everyone buys cars for looks, I mean just look at how many Daewoos and FIAT Multiplas are kicking about on the roads.

The FIAT Coupe.... I don't think it's ugly from the front or back, but the bangle slashes are foul.... ruin the entire car. It's a trick car....5 cyl turbo, LSD, leather, air con, TC, brembos etc......

What did the VR6 get? An ancient 12V traction engine, useless brakes, cloth (unless you sold your gran for the Storm), no air con, ineffective TC, 4x4 ride height, crap headlights, crap door handles, queer spoiler, shit sunroof and a chassis from a car designed in 1979. But that's why we love them :-)

I am not being serious btw, in case anyone gets the hump ;-)

Kev.. the car might have the engine of the starship enterprise under the bonnet, but its revoltingly ugly. Even if I had the money, i'd never own a Cayenne! I'd have a bloody 911 Turbo!

Dont det re wrong, I love the raddo too,

But after a years ownership, its starting to pee me off,

Ive been to numarious places to get the tracking/sterring/pulling problems that plague all of your cars. It seems to be sorted then a few diverts/speed bumps later your back where you started.

The rado is really cool, but I don’t think it suits the area I live in, it getting hurt each day

tbh thought much the same of the Cayenne as you Jim til i saw one in the flesh with big rims etc...............quite a mean looking mutha :twisted: