Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Vibratech front engine mount...

Having just phoned VW about a new front engine mount and being quoted £120 for it (inc VAT) I'm thinking about getting a Vibratech one.

Would people who have them reccomend them over standard, and does anyone have a prince for one for a 16v C...?

Cheers!

volkspeed. 90 quid. tis v good.

try A Mk2 solid mount on there believe they are quite good n cheep. if its for a 16v it will be good

ive got one on my G60 and didnt notice any differance, but hopefully will last longer. all my mates use them on there golfs and jetta's that they use on track days and they seem to last forever. the jetta would do a standard mount in 6 months where as the vibratech has lasted 3 years.

good value

i use the vibra mount....i had a few std ones fail ,but the vibra is good ,less movement and no extra vibration (which you can get with other brands)

Looks like it's a VT one then. Does anyone know roughly the sort of price for one? And where to get one from????

I think (correct me if im wrong) but if you upgrade the mounts you need to do them all otherwise you are just shifting the load else where.

Genuine VW one is £120 also... Might well give TSR a ring, and ask them about it...

Cheers!

h-brake on, first gear, get a mate to watch the engine.

lift clutch as if to set off. if engine moves loads change mount.

id use std others n a uprated front.

c&r told me just do the front..because that takes most of the abuse and keeping the others std makes for smooth motoring

Genuine VW one is £120 also... Might well give TSR a ring, and ask them about it...

Cheers!

Mine cost me 38 quid with discount :wink: from Vw..

My original one snapped and a nice good Dent appeared in the bonnet :cry:

Did I buy a really crap one then from GSF for £20??? £120 for what I bought really seems excessive. :shock: (1.8 16V BTW)

I use a VT front and a turn2 rubber gearbox one. The rear is standard. Seems to do the trick. Using firmer mounts improves the handling too, especially on the VR6! One other overlooked product from Vibratechnics are their rear wishbone bushes. They are absolutley superb and sharpen up the steering no end. Braking stability is also improved, as is torque steer, not that Corrados really suffer from that. They just hold the wishbones in place a lot better than the VAG ones.

Kev

Yeah, I phoned up TSR and he said that it;s the front that takes the real pummeling.

I know it's gone because I can feel the engine move when I bring up the clutch in first and second. Also on a 16v engine you can grab the alternator and pull up and the engine moves.

Bought a Euro Car PArts one last time, and that was about 6 months ago. It's now gone again...

mines going in for a VT one next week, same problem as 33hz. mark at dubsport told me the standard front one's go very quickly and the VT road one is the best to replace it with as shouldn't get any problems.

It should be arriving today, so I'll fit it when I get home and let you know what it's like...