Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

i dont remember seeing a bearing in the crank so cant comment but i dont have a bracket on the back of the block for the gear box. I think it might be for the awd gearbox but could be wrong

Something not right with that flywheel. As per Sam's, mine wasn't like that either!

On the bottom pic, the transfer box fills that gap on the R32 but again, I can't remember seeing that on my conversion!

Hmmmm the gaps don't really worry me but this bearing is giving me cause for concern!

It's not actually part of the flywheel Kev, it's inside the end of the 24v crank, does the input shaft(is that the correct terminology?) on the gearbox sit inside the end of the crank?

Has anyone else got an engine they could have a look at to see if it has this bearing?

It wasn't there on my BDB engine and wasn't there on my MK4 when we did the chains either. Weird! Is your engine from a DSG car?

The clutch turns the input shaft so it doesn't technically need to go inside the crank, but it might run freely inside it when the pedal is pressed for some lateral support or something, not sure!

See this is what I mean. There's no such thing as a bolt in R32 conversion. They ALL throw up some kind of little issue that hasn't yet been documented :D

Ok I think Kev is on the right track with the DSG, a mate of mine swapped out a DSG box for a manual and he reckons he removed this bearing, looks like the box is coming out again!

After speaking to a mechanic mate of mine I've decided to leave the bearing alone, he doesn't think it'll be a problem, the driveshaft cups on the box turn ok with the box in gear so it looks like the input shaft doesn't touch the bearing :)

has any 1 got pedal box pictures for thr remounted pedal

Floor mount mk5 pedal or the mk4 one? Sams build thread has pics of the floor mounted one.

Yeah I can't see it causing any harm mate as the input shaft doesn't extend much past the clutch friction disc, if at all. I guess the DSG boxes use the crank for lateral support.

I think there's a pic of the floor mounted pedal in my build thread too.

Presumably the bearing is well attached and couldn't come adrift with nothing sitting in the centre of it?

It's been a while since us 24V boys posted, so I thought I'd give you an update

The remap at AMD was no better so I sent back my ECU to get reverted back to stock and recieved my money back minuss £75 for rolling road costs,

been playing around with the intake ductng, like that now,

soldered 22 ohm resistors into the post cat o2 sensor wiring to mimic the heaters,

soldered 150ohm (I think) to mimic the SAIV relay and valve and one other which I cant remember

upshot is I've got 4 codes

2 of which are can bus errors for ABS and cluster, nothing I can do about that,

and 2 codes for post cat sensors, no signal, I've got a circuit worket out which will simulate these sensors and the parts come to around £15, will get around to doing it sometime.

Anyway with these codes I think for the first time the engine is performing without any restriction and it flies, so much so I've had to fit 288mm brakes and have ordered 35/40mm drop suspension kit,

I've ordered a 63 way connector from RS to neaten up the wiring in the engine bay,

one day I'll get uploading photos sorted out on this forum so you can see what I waffle on about

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75935[/ATTACH]

Edited by J.C

Good to hear you are getting it sorted mate! Pics would be good, I use photobucket its easy enough to get to grips with :)

Couple of queries i'm hoping you guys can shed some light on

Lambda's, Which one is for which bank? From what i've looked at using part numbers etc the one with the brown plug is for the gearbox bank end(bank#2?). Is this correct?

Alternator wiring, I'm using the 24v Alt, it has 2 pins, the 12v Alt only has 1 pin, is it as simple as just using pin #1 or does pin #2 need to be used also, if so where does it go to? I've read about this somewhere but can't find the info again!

Speed sensor, My loom from SWICT has the mk4 style speedo sensor, i'm still using the VR box with 12v sensor, do I need to use the mk4 style speedo sensor or can I just swap connectors to the original 12v one?

Is it bad forum etiquette to ask another question without waiting for an answer to a previous question?

If it is then forget the previous questions and somebody please tell me where the hell this little fella goes?

B2228A06-2BF2-44BF-95D2-173D0F500157-1308-000001178DE3AD9C_zps767c87bd.jpg

It's in the loom coming from the engine bay along with G1 G2 etc

It's coming in along with that loom Taks. So won't be any of those G1 or G2 pins.

I recall not plugging this is but I've stripped apart a separate loom, if no one else answers I will take a look on Tuesday at my dissected loom and see if I can work out where it goes.

I had this lead. Can't remember what it was exactly but there's 2 places it can be and mine was the wrong one!

It's within the loom at the back of the fusebox. Look for the female connector but it might not necessarily be the same wire colours.

Can't remember seeing it on my conversion, I'll try and have a look tomorrow to see where it goes