Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

quote - ""get a turbo on it, and you'll be laughing""

newbie question, is there still no room for a turbo with a 24v conversion?

im assuming nothing changes here. bloody brake servo! :(

sorry i was under the impression that there was no room for a turbo on a RHD VR corrado.

so if i drop a 24v this wont be a problem?

if this is true, i may be selling my 2.9 VR any takers

lads can i just say reading this thread impresses me no end the car knowledge you guys have is mental i wouldnt even know where to start good luck to all of you can i just say that putting nearly 300ish bhp through the front wheels really starts to push a car doesnt it before you need 4wd?

i see renshaws got 4wd thats one impressive set up and eventually in years to come i hope i have enough money to permit me a more powerful engine can i just ask what would happen if you put an audi 2.7 bi-turbo engine in the C???? would this work as i believe this is the engine from the a4 sport isnt it? sorry for lack of car knowledge lads! good luck with the projects Andy

yup. mine started as an 8v, but I converted everything to VR6 and ran it like that for a while before going 24v.

Just reading this thread with an interest of eventually going this route myself when the VR engine starts to get deep down probs but in all fairness the performance gains seem to be pretty minimal compared to cost and effort or am I missing the point?

but in all fairness the performance gains seem to be pretty minimal compared to cost

Go out for a ride in Jays 24v corrado and then have a good think about what you just said...!

Johnboy, the 24V does it's best work where the 12V is still thinking about waking up :-)

I've not been in either car but Phat's and Jay's dyno plots really do highlight the differences between the two motors!

Also, the price for a rebuild is about the same as getting a 24v engine. Thats why I opted for the newer, lesser mileage, more powered engine ;)

Yeah all good points got any dyna plots and does anyone know is the engine heavier, lighter? it certainly looks like a tight squeeze in the bay!

don't be fooled by that big gay plastic engine cover.

:lol:

Nothing gay about the torque curve it gives your engine tho 8)