Tempest

Corrado Carbon bonnet

Someone over in D spotted a carbon bonnet (late model) for our Cs "made" by In.Pro Sport (a new divison within In.pro, yes those lovely opeople that brought us the smoked etc. tail lights :-) ), and listed in the current (2006) Rieger catalogue.

Costs €596, debate has now started as to whether this thing is any good etc. Apparently even has TÜV-approval.

Let's see what comes of this.

Tempest

Good spot indeed. If its In.Pro and TÜV approved then it should be fairly decent.

And the price isn't to be sniffed at either really!

Hmm jst over £405! Seems to cheap to be true but always wanted one for looks and performance, corrado bonnets are so heavy!

2tone4.jpg

Hmm, not sure if it on a red car though :lol:

Might look nice on my black one though... *rubs hands together*

You can paint them, not sure if you need a special primer for Carbon or not though.

Hmm jst over £405! Seems to cheap to be true but always wanted one for looks and performance, corrado bonnets are so heavy!

that red one looks fantastic!!!

its sealed with a clear resin so should be no different to painting fibreglass,,

i would never paint one though,, seems a crime to cover up something that looks so sexy

hmm tasty... one expensive front end to write off tho.

Anyone know how much a late bonnet weighs?

I'd be careful with some of the Egay stuff. You have to be real carful on the construction of the hood...the bad ones, the carbon will sometimes separate with the bottom layer. Also where the hood latch attatches to the hood, you have to see how that is bonded to the hood...if its done poorly, you risk the hood flying up when you are driving. I've seen this stuff happen with my own eyes. Buyer beware...

Alot of companies are recommending using hood pins with any Carbon or fiberglass hood.

If you were to get one, I'd suggest the Inpro one. At least its TUV approved...that should mean something. The cheap route is not always the best...especially a hood...er I mean bonnet. :salute:

where can i get one of these Inpro bonnets they must have a website, got a matt black bonnet on my dragon green raddo' and i rekon a carbon 1 would look even better mwahaha

Eric, I dont suppose you would consider enquiring about a GB for here in GB would you??

Check the date of the original post mate! :)