Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

So has any one ever dumped a Cossie lump in a Rado??

Seen one(with the cossie 4x4 running gear aswell) in a Yellow MK2 Golf, Featured Years and Years ago in Golf Xtreme (Yes that long ago) Seen it at York a few times too!

But fitting one into a C!!! Noooooooooooooooooooo!

noo dont do it :!: Go buy a cossie if you like the engine :lol:

Ford Pah

true - and i will be attempting too soon, but if i had the cash, the time and the knowledge to do it then it would be an interesting project... having never yet driven a VW turbo i may love it as much as the Cossie.... will soon find out!!! :)

well take my word for it once uve got the turbo pug ur fecked im still looking to build my own 16vT but lucky for me im building two now for mates so i can get to rag theres when i want to

but there all good thats what makes having a 20v lump so easy wack up the fuel and boost and ur done goes back to the uno turbo days all u need was a fuel preassure regulator a bleed valve and stronger dump valve and bang uve got a mentally fast car that would be on or past a M3 simple really

I only mentioned it because my local mechanic (and also my bosses best mate) really is a cossie expert and is always doing strange things with cars in his spare time (ie cossie engine in metro!)

Anyone who thinks its sacrilege would you really say no if they were giving them away !

i cant see someone giving a complete transplant of a cossie engine into a corrado away for free

dont get me wrong its the orignal and one of the best engines out there but with todays technology and what can be done i dont see why you would have to source a engine outside the VAG group that just fits in nicely.

i still remember seeing a golf mkI with a red top vaux engine (also that mkII with full cossie gear was back on ebay a week ago, mkI with scobby engine and running gear mkI with TVR running gear twice etc) in it and well down to the person who did it as at the time it was a great engine so not much options but now a-days its only if u want to be different.

yep nobody going to be giving it away thats for sure but the cossie engine has been dumped in so many different cars over the years i was just wondering really whether it was a easy engine to get in other cars or whether it was just the chosen engine because it was pretty much the most powerful engine around a few years back

totaly agree with u mate

but off the top of my head u def ahve to do wll the engine mounts

prob bolt it up to a ford box so means gear box mounts and change the gear change system and clutch

then you have the drive shafts and exhuast down pipe system etc so alot of work

if your good with a welder like James R on here youll be fine :D

cossie lumps are old hat.

you can get just as much power out of a 1.8T these days, and they are relatively easy to fit into a corrado.

Slimline V8 anyone?

That might be more interesting.

Yes, pants power from a 3.5litre, but the SOUND! :)

Slimline V8 anyone?

That might be more interesting.

Yes, pants power from a 3.5litre, but the SOUND! :)

Or a 350bhp RST-V8 that weighs less than a 8v engine? :lol:

I believe the TVR engined golf was slightly different- someone purchased a insurance write off/never drive again TVR, and needed to another, not written off, car for it to 'masquerade' as... so they took a golf shell and made it fit over what was left of the TVR, and of course registered it as a modified golf (since the DVLA would not accept the TVR being registered since it was written off..)..