iow_corrado_g60

BACK TO THE VW FOLD..............VR HIGHLINE

Looks Well Andy, I think the front needs to come down some more and the front tyres a little smaller and it would be perfect

hi all would just like to say thanks to everyone that helped why i had my g60 this is a great forum and i will still be on hopefully to lend a hand.

Right where the fun starts as you all know i was selling the G i posted her up for sale on thursday everything was going well and i had a buyer lined up for sat everything was going swimmingly took her for m.o.t on sat morn then driving home before i take care to portsmouth to meet the gent that had come from staffordshire i hit this woman at a junction ah B*llocks was one of the worst hours of my life.

so limped home assesed the situation and damaged off side wing smashed light bent lower seem under light and broken grill! will post pics asap!

anyway i sent the matey a picture on phone rang him up he said dtill bring it over so sold then sunday was better went up to northampton to see simon sweetland you may all know him for his 20v turbo lilac mettalic mk2 golf!

his mk2 it is the most amazing immaculate car ive ever seen! it will just make you drool!

and i came home with his spanking mk3 vr6 its wheels interior and engine are mint the engine really is solid! a few bits of body work i need to do but i got a very good price on that! I know its been looked after so all good

not as quick as the corrado but its so softened the blow of the weekend i had with the C!

I was really sad to see the C go on friday but when i'd crashed her on sat it just made me so totally f*cked off! that i dont think her going has really set in yet!

only have one good pic but shes nice!

DSC00043.jpg

Bloody Hell Andy!!

All this has happend whilst i have been away in froggie land for the weekend!!

The VR looks mint mate!

Did you try ringing me earlier today aswell??

bill - yeah i got a very good price and managed to keep the tank and i got a free tank of fuel! hows the paint job coming on are u going to the rr'day?

mike - yes mate just ringing to tell you about the car story and ask if you wanna drive up to stealth even thou ur not running and get the obligatory burger king on way home. let us know matey

p.s if you think the vr looks ok his mk2 is just pure sex in car form!

Not been on forum properly for ages as have new seating area at work with people sat behind me :roll:

Can't believe you've got rid of the G60 Andy. It was a lovely looking car - and I loved the wheels. Really want some of those for my 16v.

bill - yeah i got a very good price and managed to keep the tank and i got a free tank of fuel! hows the paint job coming on are u going to the rr'day?

yeah paints looking good, sold the bbs, bought new wheels but been concentrating on the mk1 mainly. might pop down to rr day if get time.

Hi all well what a weekend a 860mile round trip but im home and with a new aqua blue pearl G60 what a lovely colour in the sun!

started friday drove to cardiff with my mate went out had a few bevvies got the 13:30 flight to edinburgh met James_88 of the forum went for a drive checked the car over needs alot of minor body work and engine needs a really good clean but other than that its a really good solid car which i feel was refelected in the fair price so i think were both happy

so i left edinburgh for bath at 6:40 ish and got back at 1ish in the morning i was very happy with the C stopped twice on the way back and spent £60 on fuel thought it was gonna be more was gettign about 31mpg

Got my megs kit out this morning got to work 2 washes and a very quick wax and polish will start sratch Xing over the next few weeks but here's the pics what you all think

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A6.jpg

A7.jpg

A9.jpg

A10.jpg

very nice chap! so what has she had done to her ?? if you need a new interior to finish her off, i know someone who is selling some electric black leather recaros.....

Yay! Welcome back!

Still living in Bristol??

Hi mate hows things?

Yeah still up here live in bath you going e38 or anything later this year?

very nice chap! so what has she had done to her ?? if you need a new interior to finish her off, i know someone who is selling some electric black leather recaros.....

hi mate how is your engine rebuild coming on? shes quite standard at the mo! she has full grey leather, 17" ZW1's, coil overs,

under the bonnet

JMR stage 4 charger

SNS chip

JMR exhaust

also has air con but need to get that working give me a year and she should be looking minty! need to change the steering wheel too soon!

Not too bad mate. she does look stunning in those pics. Aqua blue suits the corrado very well indeed.

Yeah, I'll be at e38, just look for a rusty white VR. :)

welcome back me old m8 8)

cheers matey good to be back! hows the lady in red?

Not too bad mate. she does look stunning in those pics. Aqua blue suits the corrado very well indeed.

Yeah, I'll be at e38, just look for a rusty white VR. :)

good stuff im definately going this year dont know if it will be in the corrado but am looking forward to it! maybe a little convoy can be arranged but ill wait a bit to sort that out!

Looking good there! Pleased you got back ok after that mega drive and hope it does you well in the future! I will be checking back to see the progress...........all the best.

James

Looking nice, sure itll not take you long to get it up to the standard of your last one...

i dunno chap needs quite a bit of bodywork im contemplating a full respray will see how the megs scratch x brings it up over the next few weeks.

mate your vr is looking very nice is she venturing down or up for e38?

Want to buy a mental engine for it??????

sam i've had your car behind me when nige was filming in my boot of the vr was very nice and a testament to yourself and race power but i like doing projects myself pm me a price though ill have a gander also whats the mpg?

Welcome back to the fold Andy.... The sayings true..once sold always regretted! :lol:

cheers mate i couldnt agree more they are such beautiful cars and still so apt for there age i saw one at the right price and here we go again will be a money pit mfor the next 2 years untill shes how i want! what have you been up to on yours since i left the scene in november?

looks ace mate!!

cheers mate when she looks like yours ill make her as quick as yours hehe!! :D

Ive seen this one in the flesh and it seems a good one.. Good work andy

Cheers daz quite a bit needs doing bay is very dirty we'll get there though you'll have to work on her on the 29th of Sept, reminds me must bell you re:charger & steering rack?

Looking good there! Pleased you got back ok after that mega drive and hope it does you well in the future! I will be checking back to see the progress...........all the best.

James

cheers mate was good to see edinburgh even if for a short while cheers for the hospitality you will have to defo watch the progress mate shes in goods hands speak soon