Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Feck...

Well, thats done that then. The last 6 months of 2005 were the worst of my life, for many many reasons, but ive tried to stay positive and refuse to use the word depressed to describe myself at the age of 20...but feck.

The only really good thing in my life has been my G60, and no-matter how down ive been, a drive in it has always cheered me up. Especially after the move up from a 1.4 106, which caused me no-end of troubles, ending up in a replacement engine.

You may have read in this section from me a post about an oil/coolant light beeping and flashing at me, this week. Well the car went in to the garage today to try and diagnose the problem. Which has been done.

I was told, and this is mainly gibberish engine talk to me, so i could have just been bullsh*** but...

Once the engine is started from cold it holds about 60psi, at 3500 revs it holds around 35psi, once warm, my engine holds about 20psi, and when at 3500revs its holding literally 1 or 2 psi...

It was reccomended that i replace pretty much the whole bottom end; oil pump, big ends etc. and this could be done for about £350 - £400. But as theres no guarnatee that this will fix it long term or for even a while, it was suggested that i might need to replace my engine. :shock:

Ive thrown about a 1k at it in the 6 or 7 months that ive owned it, and cant think how the feck i can afford to replace the engine. But it has to be done. So now im sat thinking about conversions or replacements bewildered how 2006 could have started out so badly. It already means the one thing i had my heart set on this year, which was a snowboarding holiday, 99% wont go ahead. :(

Im gonna go crack open a bottle of southern comfort, but i appreciate anybodys who read this, and whoever may put suggestions forward.

Nick

gutted for ya mate. i really am.

but in my experience nothing is as bad as it seems for long. even if you have to stump up for a new engine or whatever somehow, at the end of it, you'll have a lovely C with a brand new lump! quality.

mind you, if it comes to new engine, it might be worth breaking it for spares sales, and getting another for you - prices are mighty low at the moment.

anyway mate, don't let it get to you - at the end of the day, you're ok and its just metal eh? :)

good luck fella

Unlucky dude, I know how you feel, I last few months I've been feeling like sh*t, and a drive in the Rado always cheered me up, it isn't driving at the mo so it means I'm stuck here all the time!

Maybe this could be a good thing for you, new engine possibly, 20v?

That's a shame,even worse when i've got G60 engine components by the shed full which frankly i don't need and will probably be dumped in the skip,it's the bloddy postage that's the problem,anyway if i can help you with any component,let me know and i'll put it aside for you.

Like the good doctor says could just be the pump- if not why not try to source a crashed G60 with a good motor & swap it over.

At least get a 2nd opinion preferably from a corrado friendly garage & check out similar posts on the forum before you get too down.

Good luck.

know exactly how you feel mate, im picking my new engine up in the morning!!my car has been off the road for a month or two now for various reasons and it got to the stage where i laughed when i found my no1 piston was fooked!!

its only an engine and at least when you fix it, it will be pukka again!!

Rob

Would also suggest to first take the sump pan off, have a good look at the oil (any metall splinters?), then change the pump. That's the most common reason for your symptoms.

So, it may not be all that bad, after all :-)

Tempest

could just be a blocked pick up on the oil pump..ive taken em off and found loads of silicone and bits of gasket stuck in there

1hrs work tops