Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

fk ak coilovers

Well i've not tried them so I can't really comment but I will anyway. They are a budget coilover option & if dropping the car a lot is more important to you over handling & ride quality then go for them. If you're not so bothered about a big drop and don't mind spending a little more for a quality shock & spring setup then go for the Koni TA/H&R combo.

There is a GB going for them at the moment as well, think they are a little over £400 :)

If you want to be able to change the drop at any point, then obviously coilovers are needed, and FK seem to be a good option ( i've had a set of highsports and they were pretty good )) according to most people.

Koni TA/H&R is very popular on here.

I think Furki had the AKs and said the ride was very civilised for budget coilies... I have the Koni/H&R combo on my VR at the mo and the ride is fantastic, but it's not low enough for me so it'll be getting changed to FK Konigsports when funds allow... Unless - do H&R do -60mm springs for the VR?

gradeAfailure, I don't think so... wish they did.

Happy CF 1 year anniversary by the way. :)

They're 9"x16" brock's , I sold the car to trev-b on here , he's spent about a million quid on it since...should be looking sweeeeet now. :wink:

Looking on H&R's website, they do standard lowering springs with a 33mm drop and race springs with a 40mm drop... But that's not enough of a difference, and it's also off-topic!

And I never noticed that it's my CF birthday today! :lol:

FK AK's are no different to highsports except they only lower to 80mm if they went lower i would still have them. not the Koni's.

Go for it you wont be dissapointed, value for money is great too,.

can highly recommend the ak's, my other halfs got them and im really impressed, was going to get them for mine but got really good deal on highsports.Definitely doesnt feel like a so called budget kit, only time it really gets caught out is on undulating services.

Gav

I got a new set on my G60 golf, and I think they are great for the money.

They give a very good and positive ride to then.

Give Venom a ring he will do you a good deal on then!

Over on the German forums, the AK range isn't rated too well, well at least compared to the Königsport coilies, which most Roccos have (my Storm included). the Königsport is IMHO a bit too soft, but that means it's still civilised, I suppose :oops:

For the Rado, KWs are the ones to go for, Bilstein's PSS9s, both very expensive. Then again, the KW Variant 1 is sufficient for most.

Just my 2 cents.

Brock B2s? Yes, I love those, too, got them on my Storm Rocco (15x7) :-)

Tempest

Over on the German forums, the AK range isn't rated too well, well at least compared to the Königsport coilies, which most Roccos have (my Storm included). the Königsport is IMHO a bit too soft, but that means it's still civilised, I suppose :oops:

For the Rado, KWs are the ones to go for, Bilstein's PSS9s, both very expensive. Then again, the KW Variant 1 is sufficient for most.

Just my 2 cents.

Brock B2s? Yes, I love those, too, got them on my Storm Rocco (15x7) :-)

Tempest

so is the konigsport still soft on the hardest setting mate?

so is the konigsport still soft on the hardest setting mate?

Let's put it this way:

On my Mk1 Rocco I'm running a Sachs coil-over kit, where the springs hardly have any travel, see picture below (no rubbing !!).

On the FK Königsport, even with the Koni dampers fully closed, fitted to my Mk2 Rocco, I still rub on bad camber roads or bad wavey roads despite me having a gap between the tyre and the wheelarch.

Others have also commented on the softness of the FK Königsports compared to e.g. Bilstein.

Tempest

i' ve got the ak's and there really good for the money as they are cheap compaired to higher models i'd definatly recomend them for the price.

Before lowering to much though have a think about your local roads, i've got to totaly avoid some sh!t roads now, but they make up for it on the good ones.

Sorry for slightly OT again, but are the Konigsports noticeably harder/softer/better handling/worse handling than the legendary Koni TA/H&R spring combo? I have the latter at the mo but really want a lower ride height and H&R don't do -60mm springs...