Sign in to follow this  
sarge7

242bhp from N/A 2.0L

i thought that it was about time that i shared my habbit with a few others with the same addiction.... there are various pics on both pages just click links cheers!!!!!

hi thanks for the comments it makes the £7k spent on the motor and box some how seem logical (all parts used are new)

ABF tall block bored to fit mahle forged 83.5mm pistons on abf strengtened rods, g60 crank which was lightened and ballanced together with a 3.2kg lighter g60 flywheel, and custom 4 paddle cera-metallic clutch (helix /ap racing), 1.8KR stage 4 racing head with 5mm oversized inlet valves, motorsport valve springs, retainers,etc etc. the cams are a one off grind copied by kent cams off a peugeot ! engine is bolted together using ARP fasteners only... together with diesel bearings only as they flow more oil blah, blah, blah Jenvey direct to head throttle bodies on MBE engine management and custom made wiring loom also made by MBE .

the list is really severe, coilovers ,polybushed, porche boxter s 325mm brakes on winipeg centres.....uprated steering rack ,custom 2 3/4" exhaust with scorpion dtm back box, car sounds absolutely awesome . im sure there's more ive missed some

will try and get some more pictures in

cant bloody wait

:shock: N/A too!

I remember not long ago somebody said 200+ bhp was impossible from an N/A 2.0l

But fair play to you mate, great job :thumb right:

And an All Smiles Automotive motorsport gear shifter eh mate ?! :wink:

Good to see the beast on here and can't wait to see it finished,

Cheers

BigTartanJudge (Struan)

remember speakng to you at santa pod last year and again at the leeds vw festival, its sounds the nuts, i felt sorry for the suspension when it blasted down the strip it was bouncing like mad at the back. Did you sort your mate out :snipersmile: after he messed with your arches?

cheers for the remarks i will put a pic of the dyno results when it was mapped

it sais 236bhp @8000rpm but with the new mocal oil cooler and custom exhaust and some more magic from Derek at DS motorsport we now have

242bhp @ 8250rpm motor is atestament to the build as it has shed 2 gear boxes so far...... but the engine just keeps on revving it really sounds the nuts...

thinking of sticking the engine in a nice lightweight mk1

hmmmmmmm???????

cheers..

this is plain nuts....

please go into http://www.vwvortex.com and post this up opn their forums so the naysayers and run with their tails between their legs. There was another guy with a mk3 2.0L GTI attempting much of the same as you. This would be great inspiration.

242bhp = roughly 206whp...and that is insane for all motor, even on a VR6!!!!

Nice looknig 16v you have there, i got some ABF stuff off you before.

Glad to see its coming together nicely!

Excellent work..... same power Honda's 2.0 VTEC in the S2000, hope yours gives more torque though :-)

Tell me more about the winipeg centres and uprated steering rack? Been considering similar myself.... was the rack reduced in lock to lock or physically uprated?

hi all i really cant believe the comments thank you all ...

i will try and answer all i can an hopefully it will be ready for the GTI spring festival. The car is currently off the road because its just blown its second 02A

so its going for 4X4 and to compensate the added weight i have to opt for 50bhp of nos but it has to have 4 X foggers as opposed to one (because of the throttle bodies) and progressive boost etc etc etc so it might take some time and money before its ready but im hoping.

as far as the winipeg centres go they were off a big brake kit for a type R

the centres were machined to fit the diameter of the discs an so on ... the dust plates need to be removed and you might need custom spacers depends what offset the rims are etc etc etc the steering rack is a new vag item no need to uprate the lock to lock as i still have power steering and the whole chassis doesn't have an original bush anywhere ......

Friend of mine is building a very similar engine with grant motorsport (into a MKII)... its not yet on bodies but they expect 240 plus. I love a revey 2L can't beat em for fun factor.... best of luck with this build

funny you should say that ..

im really favouring towards dropping the engine and box into a well sorted mk1 ... who knows what it will be like then..power to weight and all that