Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Holy moly! my alloys a squarcle

Just been out playing footie after work, went to check the pressure in my tyres as the steering felt a little vague.

Knelt down to top the air, and my bloody alloy wheel has buckled! Fack knows how I missed it on Saturday, when I fell down one of Cheshire's finest roads......arse!

Know I either need a new alloy wheel (wolfrace urban racer) and get the others refurbed to match, or a new set of rims ( :D ) or try and get a single wheel from ebay.

How can I check to make sure it hasnt borked my Koni shocker?

What a facker!

Lippy

Bad luck mate, i buckled front pass side BK 166, due to a pothole with yellow line round it. Council denied responibility and said it was the contracters fault for not filling hole in. Good luck to you mate on getting it sorted.

yup similar to what happened to me. Looks a tad worse though. Best get tyre checked out too. Get a alloy repair place to have a look at it (stating the obvious there) see what they say.

Time to get a claim into Cheshire council.. if it was done on one of their roads, they are obliged to pay for it! You need to get back there to get some pictures of the pot hole though...

There is a good one on my car, 17", 4x100pcd, et38, looks like it will match yours exactly, have a word with Rob_Bas he is coming to take my car away, sometime soon.

i'd say thats not repairable,i did excatley the same,ended up gettin some diff rims,would have thought if ya did repair it it would be a weak spot?the alloy wheel place said they couldn't fix mine,anyway my mate heated it up and wacked it back into shape,but i decided against usin them,and sold them to him for 80quid

bix, the rim an urban racer? nice one, i'll drop a PM to Rob_B

only problem is I am up north!

Yea urban racer, the best one isnt as good as I thought tho, got a bit of a dig in one of the spokes.

Time to get a claim into Cheshire council.. if it was done on one of their roads, they are obliged to pay for it! You need to get back there to get some pictures of the pot hole though...

That would never work, there's no evidence, it would never stand up

« Jim » wrote:Time to get a claim into Cheshire council.. if it was done on one of their roads, they are obliged to pay for it! You need to get back there to get some pictures of the pot hole though...

It's worth a go, a mate damaged two of his wheels and got the replacements paid for by the council.

bix, the other 3 of mine are looking a bit tired - I would replace them but I aint got the money.

How much would you want for it? Still not sure what I am going to tho. Its come at a bad time...

Interesting to see them sat on bigger rubber than on mine 215 v 205

You'll have to ask Rob about it, he may not even wanna sell it, but he's gonna need the wheel to take it away. The 215s wernt too bad on the back, prolly be nasty with 2 ppl in the back, and theyre too wide for the front.

When the council put up speed humps in my town they were forced to lower them after a year because so many people claimed that they were knackering their wheels/suspension. Until then though they were paying out money...

Yes - it would, and it does. Its common practice these days but the council simply don't advertise it!

You take pictures of the damage, go and take pictures of the road, write a full account of the circumstances and what happened, and get an estimate for the repair work / replacement wheel.

In fact I even believe there is a law about it. Something along the lines of where the council have been negligent in maintainance of a road and your car is damaged as a direct result of that negligence, they are obliged to pay up! :)

« Jim » wrote:Time to get a claim into Cheshire council.. if it was done on one of their roads, they are obliged to pay for it! You need to get back there to get some pictures of the pot hole though...

It's worth a go, a mate damaged two of his wheels and got the replacements paid for by the council.

Chances are then in that case they rather dealt on terms of economy, but i wouldn't pay that claim if it was me cos theres no proof that it was done in that place, and its the driver's fault, otherwise everytime we hit something we could just say 'oh i didn't see it' and sue the owner of the obstacle. How fast was he going when he hit the pot hole was there any existing damage that may have contributed to the dmage caused. Far to many variables, a judge would laugh at you! :twisted:

Madjackal, thats what I think, but if you dont ask you don't get!

incidentially that was also my thinking behind asking for a pay rise!

Yeah its definately worth a shot. However like Madjackal said, theres no evidence. The council will probably just fob you off with something like they did with me. The council sent me a letter saying. We do not accept responability, they think their contractors who surface road for them are. They apparently sent my details on to them along with pics and they'll be in touch. That was last nov and i still havent heard anything and doubt i will.

I'm back in my home town now. Northwich in Cheshire and yes the Rds suck round here. Really shat some are in a mess of patchwork squares and pot holes. The council have more money here than anywhere else.

Is that true you can make a claim on damage such as this?

make sure you take the pics before you ring the council,i rang the council 1st they told me to go an take pics when i got there the the hole had been filled!!!the tarmac was still warm :) the bastids

Is that true you can make a claim on damage such as this?

Yep.. absolutely. I'm not making it up.

I've seen quite a few people on here make claims to the council for wheels they've buckled due to crappy road maintenance...