Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Tyres

Help!!!

I need four new tyres for my lovely VR6... but Im getting stupid quotes at the moment!!!

£324 at the mo is the best!!! :o

Can anyone help?

Am in the North West........

Am not even sure what tyres I want....... LOL - must be decent obviously!

I actually had one muppet who quoted ' you dont need a high performance tyre on that car............'

Mmmmmmmm.....

Scott.

Try http://www.topgear.co.uk they're doing toyo proxes 205/40/17's at £65 each thats only £260 and they will deliver to your front door for £14 thats a total of £274 that aint bad if you think about it and thats over £50 cheaper than what you've already been quoted I ve used them before and will be again this week and they came next day I highly recomend them there are cheaper tyres available like the federals which are £196 + £14 delivery give em a go

205x50x15s should not be expensive as they're not an unusual size, they're not metric and they're not run-flat, so that quote is ridiculous. However, they must be capable of sustaining 150mph, so maybe that's why they're pricey?

I can recommend anything from the Bridgstone camp, the Potenza RE720s (what I've got) are superb. They wear well, grip astonishingly well in the wet and they're cheapish. SO2 and SO3s are the mutts, but they may not be available in that size.

Goodyear Eagle F1s are also top quality, even better than the Potenzas in the wet but they wear down rapidly.

Kev

Give Demon Tweeks a yell, they're normally pretty good for tyres and aren't too far from Manchester...

That's where I've had my last 6 sets of tyres from... :)

I really like my Yokohama AVS ES100's although I haven't had a chance to give them a workout in wet weather yet (supposed to be very good)

Skye

I really like my Yokohama AVS ES100's although I haven't had a chance to give them a workout in wet weather yet

I have heard they're very good... I've got A539s all around on my C and I love 'em to bits... Wet or dry I find that they are well matched to the C's handling and performance... The ES1000s sound good and I may well bite the bullet and get a set of those next time... 8)

I've got A539s all around on my C and I love 'em to bits... Wet or dry I find that they are well matched to the C's handling and performance... The ES1000s sound good and I may well bite the bullet and get a set of those next time...

Me too, also on a G60, got a pair from a local place X-spurt Tyres for £80 all-in and then got another 2 from international for £50 and the same place fitted for a 10er...

these are 195/50/15V's and the 205s are slightly more but not much as they are a very standard tyre size these days (most new cars are coming with 15's now)

I am very impressed by performance both wet and dry, good tread pattern and don't seem to be wearing too quickly either!

Elite in Essex fitted Toyos (215/40/17) when they put new rims on my VR6. Great performance so far (on standard suspension). They grip well in the dry let go very progressively so fun to throw round roundabouts. Wet weather still to come.

I always get my tyres from Costco, the wholesale place.

They can supply any tyres sold by Michelin uk.

I usually get pilot exhaultos, they are really really really good in the wet (sinse it pisses with rain all the time in scotland, this is good!), and average in the dry.

They are about £55 each (from memory) I can check for you if you like.

Only problem is you have to join costco to buy (really any professional can join - £25) or I can post to you if you want.

HTH

Andrew