Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Who Garages their C overnight?

Going to clear the garage out this weekend. with the intention of putting the car in there as it will soon become a weekend toy rather than a daily driver . :D

I am worried about sizes. The length is good :norty: but I am woried about width :(

The car is about 6 ft across and my garage is about 8 feet wide. So it will obviously fit but I am not a small guy, and am wondering if anyone else has issues getting out of the car once it is in the garage? Carpet being attached to the wall to protect the doors but what do you reckon? Doable?

Mine is garaged all the time at the moment. My garage is also very small and getting in and out sin't easy (and i'm small!) I have a large piece of card on the wall to protect the door. I wish my garage was another foot wider!

Anyway it does the job and it's nice to know that the C is locked away from evil people :)

I put mine in a garrage bit of a squeeze getting in and out of the car because of the door length but just put some carpet on the wall that should stop any chipping and be careful :wink:

Im sure youve parked in tight car park spaces with less space than that, and had no problems?

Zippy, as long as you haven't got a passnger just go up close on one side and you'll have almost 2 feet... be careful though! :)

EDIT: Or get in and out through the boot! ;)

Im sure you will manage, just keep it right over too one side, And if its only weekends. It is soo nice having your car kept in the garage, it just stays cleaner. Although, i keep my c in a camping tent :oops:

Mmmmmm nice...garages are something you take for granted when you've got one I think..I'd love one now :( ...and a Vr to put in it untill it comes out for weekend useage.. :(

It great when you've got work to do on it etc too.

Have you thought about chauffeur-ing in your raddo :wink: :lol: I did the odd run in mine while covering jobs for friends since giving up taxi-ing :oops:

Im sure youve parked in tight car park spaces with less space than that, and had no problems?

I know what you are saying and Im sure there will be space but am just checking that im not wasting my time and cash hireing a skip to clear out the garage.

I have used strips of vinyl flooring stuck with a bit of silicone sealant at any points where the doors may make contact. This has been well worth it on more that one occasion.

Have you thought about chauffeur-ing in your raddo :wink: :lol: I did the odd run in mine while covering jobs for friends since giving up taxi-ing :oops:

Quality, Not sure It would go down so well. Cant resist flinging the car round corners or going for gaps in the C. Having said that, Parker could drive like a nutter and he had a Laaydeeeeee on board. :D

Mine lives in the garage, luckily its a doube garage so there's quite a bit of room, even with my mum's Ibiza Cupra in there too.

At our old house, we had carpet on the walls to protect the doors when they were opened.

Mine lives on my drive. :(

Infact I only took a pic of it out the window today for someone as I've only just pushed the polo onto the drive after 4 months of the road!!

GTI G40 VR6.

61EC0003.jpg

I bought our house based on the fact that it had a decent garage that the C could go in and I could move about whilst working on the car. :D

I rent a council garage - pokey but enough room for me (not a thin lass either!) to get in and out easily :)

edit: see sig :lol:

Damn, that's bigger than my council garage I rent!! I used to leave my scrap copper from work in my garage until the pikeys done the locks and robbed me of it all!! had about a grands worth too!!

I wouldnt want to leave my car in it! Would also mean a 10 min walk back to my house.

Glad to say the place i'm about to move into this Friday comes with a garage. Should I ever get back into Corrado ownership its nice to know it'll be safely tucked up away in a garage :)

can't wait till i can afford a house with a garage. Must be great not having to worry about only starting a job which your sure you can finish in a day.

Mine is in the garage every night. Its a tight fit but enough to open the door with a big piece of carpet down both sides. The passenger side piece is just in case I get a bit close, the drivers side piece is so I can open the door without worrying.

Its a bit of a ball ache having to open it every morning and every night and especially at the mo as one of the door cables is broken. grrr But its worth it so its out of sight and its dry.

I spent a whole day clearing the garage the day after we moved in just so the car could go in. I am fitting two 6" flourescent lights in there tomorrow night. :) Even though I have to run a 30M extension lead out every time to the garage at least I can have power in there. I will also fit a multiplug extension in there so I can just plug in the extension lead and have power in there for everything. Can't wait to get it all setup and start making stuff :)

Jay

My C has lived in a garage all its life except for about 9 months when I first bought it and I didn't have a garage with the house. It really has kept all the rubber bits of the car looking fresh, even after 16 and 1/2 years I am still on my original roof rubbers with no sign of having to trim the inboard edges.

Using some toolkit foam screwed to the wall instead of carpet as it is a bit thicker.

I must be dead lucky as I can get my C in the garage, with an engine stand and have enough space at the end for some cuboards!

(Moving soon though and I have my eye on a 23 x 26ft monster garage that comes with the house - its all about priorities!!)

back when i bought my present house, i frustrated the hell out of my missus by not being interested in a property without a garage or at least the land to build something decent, there were several properties that were perfect ( for her ) except for the workshop space, her reward for putting up with my insistant requirements of a garage is a well rounded, unfrustrated car owner who no longer had to do stuff in the road or driveway- the only problem is now wanting more space as i`m a bit of a magpie and tend to collect allsorts that WILL come in handy one day :)