Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

The Phirm

Cheers to The Phirm for another good job done on the VR due to me not having time/drive/garage space to do it myself at the mo! Gearbox mount and diff seals done in double-quick time, and they even found half an hour to get Laura's valver up on the ramps and have a quick look over it to see if anything was in immediate need of work - thankfully, just the sump gasket and the usual worn suspension bushes. Ian even nipped up a loose top mount FOC - cheers!

Anyone near Farnham could do far worse than have their car looked after by The Phirm; they know their stuff, are happy to explain everything they're doing as they do it, don't mind you watching and asking questions whilst they're working on your car, and Laura was impressed that she was treated as a dub enthusiast, not a girl!

Most impressive was Tim fixing my mate Jon's (thebrayne) VR whilst it was still on the back of the tow truck that brought it there! Jon can explain what happened, but suffice to say it was a bit of a brown-trouser moment at 85mph! The guys could have rolled the car off the truck and into the workshop, made a song and dance about looking at it and the potential repair, but no - Tim popped off the lower dash trim, said "yeah, I can see what that is, hang on a mo", got some tools, and fixed it there and then, on the back of the trailer! No fuss, no hassle. He looked at the truck driver and goes "you might as well take it back to him then!"

Highly recommended. :thumbleft:

heard nothing but good things about the phirm, theres a guy selling a stunning mk3 on e38 that was mostly their work, i looked at buying it but couldnt afford the price tag... bloody lovely though!

yeah - can only echo what's been said. i will happily leave my car there in future for work to be done.... top blokes and some fantastic VW's there being worked on!!!

the access road there is a bit 'rough' tho.... think i nearly lost my splitter a few times... :oops: plus my C scraped on the tarmac when being taken into the workshop only for Tim to say 'ooooh, thats low, only a few cars weve had here have ever scraped on that....' oops again... :oops:

anyone from down this way should try em out.... :)

Going down to see them tomorrow (depending on their work load) with my VR that has a slightly adnormal knocking from my transmission/CV area.

Spoke to Tim on the phone, who seemed both professional and friendly.

So far, a very good first impression from just speaking with them on the phone - will post the result!

:thumb right:

Tim and Ian are both top lads... Ian got my engine set up and running perfect for the first time in 3 years and Tim put in my VDo gauges in last weekend! I'm sure you'll have a positive experience 8)

Cheers mate. I've heard nothing but praise for them, so I'm glad that I've hopefully found a garage that I can rely on for all future jobs too!

Cheers for the recommendation.

Another thumbs up for the Phirm - they fitted my new gauges recently. Spent a very enjoyable day there, drooling over the cars they had in there (including their rather special turbo'd and nitroused Rallye). Cheers for the recommendation Gradea

spoke to Tim today.... he didnt have a flipping clue what i was saying :wink: nowt change here then.... :lol:

seriously though very helpful once we were on the same wavelength...

spoke to Tim today.... he didnt have a flipping clue what i was saying :wink: nowt change here then.... :lol:

He's in Surrey darling, you have to speak properly otherwise the poor bugger won't understand you :lol:

man i live 3 mins walk outside of surrey... he didnt understand that fact that my car was sooo low was too funny man... obviously used to VR owners like dave lol

Oi!

heheh, seriously again though, I wouldn't entrust any of my cars (dub or not) to anyone local to me except them...

Big thanks to Tim, Ian and Sam for sorting out the Audi for us, and for the advice and help with my sis's rado... :thumbleft:

If only all servicing could be this good! Tim and crew were just brilliant it was like popping over to a mates to fiddle with cars together really nice afternoon in the sun playing with my car.

Really can't reccommend them enough i won't be taking my VR anywhere else again.

Just a note for those of you thinking of trying them........ Take a good map!

do they deal with body work ? i think there was a fella on here who did his arches from there, looked really good :)

i see, interesting will keep them in mind, do you know how much a spary job would be for a C full body or jus front bumper etc?

He quoted me £2.5k for a full respray, with them doing all the prep-work, removing windows, bonnet, doors, etc, and in his words it would be "better than factory". Best thing is to call or email them and have a chat... :)

Bumping this again to say another big cheers to Tim, Ian and Sam for helping out at zero-hour when my sis's C failed its MOT - should sail through the re-test now thanks to their efforts that were above and beyond the call of duty...

And yes, it's not like taking your car to a garage, it's like popping over to a mate's so he can fix your car! The way customer service should be...

Top Crew!