Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

lovely smell of petrol

Well yeah, I'd assume high pressure too, but it doesn't give you any ratings anywhere :roll:

Get it sorted ASAP.. leaking fuel in engine bay is often a quick route to engine bay fire and you wouldn't want that :(

i'm not driving it mate. thankfully i've just aquired a work van :)

it had been doing 16 mpg for a day or two ;)

any linky for the demon tweeks whotsit purleese??

sorry - so not with it today! link spotted!

cheers dude.

ok so i'm guessing its the 'competition high pressure injection hose'???

if so, what happens about connections at either end? do i have to order something else?

if you do order the hose from demon tweeks they will advise you which clips would be best as they are well clued up,as a guess is say micalor clips would be best

No idea what you need on the DT hoses, but as dazzy says - ask them and they should know.

The standard hoses are just rubber with fuel hose clips (smooth jubilee clips) on them.

Well this might be the some sort of thing? My 16v dosent always start 1st time and and sometimes there is a smell of fuel. I'm roughly going though £10 of fuel in two days and I'm getting what 60 miles out of that.

so what do u suggest I check ? the fuel lines on top of the air box( where could i get replacement partsfrom ?), any where else?

Ah and Hi I'm new here only had the car 3 weeks but love having it even with its little probs.

i had a look at my airbox today and the 6 nuts that hold the fuely/metering head onto the airbox were all loose. :? and the airbox was covered in cack. the splitter also had a stain on it where i presume fuel had leaked down and onto it.

I'm roughly going though £10 of fuel in two days and I'm getting what 60 miles out of that.

Bit off-topic but that's about right for a valver unless you're just cruising on the motorway at 70. Put £50 in mine last night and it had only done 320 miles since it was last filled up (hardly any of that was town/city driving).

I know mine should do about 400 mile on a tank. But I often fill at the 350 mile mark, as the needle sits in the red for god knows how long

Some of the hoses can also be bought from rallynuts.com http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/Fuel_Hose_254/Sytec_High_Pressure_Fuel_Injection_Hose_401.asp (how do you shorten links btw?) They also have some fuel filters (clear) which look like an intersting option, and not too pricey either, although they are only for lines up to 10psi (or about 0.7 bar). What is the pressure in the fuel line approx?

OK, i've replaced the return hose on the fuel line but i still get a stink of fuel from the car on startup. No fuel in visible at all from the pipe, but the smell is certainly coming from there. Its as if the clamp (new one, btw) is unable to seal against the return pressure of the fuel from the header. I dont really want to tighten it any more as this will prob distort the pipe making the seal worse. Any ideas?

Just stuck my nose near the pipe on startup and apart from nearly being knocked out by the smell it seemd to reek of fuel. No leak apparent at all. everything was bone dry, and even though it was a bit chilly this morning there was no fuel anywhere. It went after about 7-8 minutes of driving though as if the temp of the engine meant it evaported very quickly. This is baffling me, despite being a simple issue, so any pointers would be very useful.

Still getting a petrol smell on startup. Someone mentioned a 'sniffer' test to pinpoint exactly where the leak would be - obviously something more advanced than shoving your nose in there. Any ideas on that? Is there a chance of a ny blockage in the fuel rail or the injectors? If so, whats the best way of cleaning this out? Shouldnt really be teh case, that would meanteh fuel filter is not doing its job. I'm replacing that this weekend wether permitting, but i cant see that being the problem, the cars only done 52k.