Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Corrado Mk4-Golf-Reverse style white dials (old thread)

INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?

• White by day / Black by night
    • Black by day / Black by night

I'd be up for a set, but would prefer silver or black, as I think white dials look a bit 'nova-boy' ish.

On the subject of the needles, I think I saw something on the Vortex about illuminating them from behind using a very bright white LED. The light just propagates along the needle. I'll see if I can find the article and post it later.

Cheers

Mark

Yeah Andi I'm in for them, like Dan would prefer original black coloured faces but up for what ever is decided. Black would look alot more like the new VW's.

Brian how you get the LCD screens to glow red instead of green?

Henny, Good idea, thought of this too though and from what im aware of, glow in the dark needs to be charged by light in order to glow, not good for driving at 2am or the like. and you cant turn them off.

Pau1,

Brian what sweets did you have to munch to get

all your switches done?

Rasberry Truffle. from woolies. Terry's i think. Remove the foil and cut to size.

dubboy, Have a look back at my gallery (click on '91 G60' in my sig below), after you asked there, i've wrote a guide. Hope it helps.

May you be forgiven for being a philistine Supercharged.

If you want the blue glow, just fit the bulbs from a late model VW instead of the yellow/green ones originally fitted.

Bulbs are clear, filters add the colour.... Im trying to work out what you mean... if you want to change the colour fo lighting in your dash, i have written a guide in my gallery.

However if your talking about new VW's lights in the clocks, then they too are like the indiglo in that they are one large neon pad and not bulbs and filters. I know this because i have a brand new set of MK4 Golf 1.8T clocks that i checked with.

hope this helps

Count me in for a set if there's any left??

The other thing to try is take the bulbs out of the top of the dash pod and the filter under neath and replace with blue LEDs. I did this on my mk3 golf (same principle as the C) and you need about 8 in total. Just drill small holes in the top of the pod (where the bulbs were) and insert LEDs and solder them all up.

Contact me if you need more detailed info

On hold at the moment due to not quite enough people being interested, and the lighting-the-needles issue is yet to be satisfactorily resolved.

I will go for a set... but I would whant to see the final result before I pay ... cool?

//Norbert

Maybe... or what about a silver / brushed alloy finish - is that posible??

Yeah I could go for a set if they were like that,but if not I'll still take a set.

Just let me know when you need payment. 8)

I will go for a set... but I would whant to see the final result before I pay ... cool?

//Norbert

Because this would be a one-off run for the Corrado-Forum.net members only, money is required up-front in order to pay the manufacturers to make the dials.

If the order does go ahead - I will be sent designs and proofs for us to confirm the order, however, this would be as a group decision, not on individuals. So its all for one, and one for all - or no dials at all ;)

Hi, could you put me down for a set please? Regarding needle illumination, might it be possible to rig up something using new golf bits, ie. needles and whatever method of lighting current cars use?

On hold at the moment due to not quite enough people being interested

go on then, you twisted my arm ;)

Is the job of changing the dials tricky? I have done this before on a few cars, and have always ended up with a loose dash afterwards :(

If you can get some instructions, like ya said in a previous post, then I should be ok, but i'll definately be up for a set :)

Thera

Hi,

Id be up fo a set if you could get rid of that "Unleaded crap only" and if you can see the needles when driving in the dark + how do you get the rest of the interior stuff blue such as the switches and heater controls? or cant we?

Sorry for all the questions.

James

To add to mine....

I would prefere the black dials

x1000

and the KPH (incase I goto france)

how do you get the rest of the interior stuff blue such as the switches and heater controls? or cant we?

James

Good question ...although between us, we should be able to source matching blue bulbs.

['H3R4POR]To add to mine....

I would prefere the black dials

x1000

and the KPH (incase I goto france)

Yup, my preference too... 8)

GRINGOG60 I've bought some lighting gell film that should make a pretty similar blue glow... When we get the dials I'll do a comparison and see what it looks like, then I may use my plotter to cut out the shapes needed to swap the original filters on the switches and heater controls and supply 'em as a kit... The awkward switches are the early window and sunroof ones as these use a green LED to illuminate rather than a bulb and filter... :roll:

Andi lost the thread to this topic so glad to see it resurfaced, when ever you need the cash it's there for you no probs.

anyone wanna go halves with me...i want a set of these dials...or is it too late.

Can someone please tell me whati have to do...cos i'm thick ahaha :lol:

just read it...so i get one set then for £40...where do i send the dinero?? still not enough ppl in on this one huh...is it ok if i send it next week when i get paid that same day?

Put me down for set. I'd prefer black dials though. Any help with fitting instructions would be great or I'll end with half the screws left over.

Thanks,

Steve.

Looking through the previous posts it looks like there are more than enough people to make up the numbers for production. Any word on what's happening Andi?

Also has anyone had any thoughts about the needle illumination, I mentioned about using the needles off a current VW, is this viable?

the needles on newer clocks are see through and are lit up by a cluster of led's at the base. i also cant get new needles off but the older ones come off easily. they also look like different fixings.