Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

Fk Coilovers - Slight Leak.

Removed from a corrado this Morning - Guess the age of these.. :roll:

These are silverlines too. (At least the threads were not siezed) :roll:

I doubt the threads would sieze with that much oil on them anyway!!

I reckon they're about 8 months old?

Why can't the Germans make decent suspension? It's always either rock hard or cr@p build qualiy.

What you need is some Leda in your life.... they certainly wouldn't do that! Proper UK suspension company producing suspension for UK roads.....you just need about £2K to get Leda'd up though :-(

Look at all the perished bush's and Bump Stops i have not seen any this bad hence the photo's.

I doubt the threads would sieze with that much oil on them anyway!!

I reckon they're about 8 months old?

Why can't the Germans make decent suspension? It's always either rock hard or cr@p build qualiy.

What you need is some Leda in your life.... they certainly wouldn't do that! Proper UK suspension company producing suspension for UK roads.....you just need about £2K to get Leda'd up though :-(

Kev - You knows that not exactlly true as you have first hand info on the H&R's and you are yet to sample some of the KW's these are a completly Differant ball game to the fk's ride-quailty

dazza did whoever just have it on as hard setting as possible! so there were no damping in the springs thus meaning the bump stops felt a large percentage of any uk pot hole or likewise!

there not off dub_nuts car are they his car wasnt to healthy on the suspension side on way to stealth!

They look a little familiar!!!

would those of been mine by chance darren????

Gotta admit i have no idea how old they were, they have only died over the last month or so though!!

Andy - you beat me to it!!!

Yeah but my front H&R dampers also leaked, not as bad as your FKs though admittedley. I've had 3 or 4 Koni replacements prior to H&R ownership due to leaking, too.

I don't hold out much hope on KWs lasting especially long either..... as I say, they're just not man enough for UK roads.

coolrado you should of seen it on the motorway looked like cut springs it was funny thou!

dub nut i just remebered when i looked at them that u said you were getting some new suspension at Dazza's im glad you got it sorted now thou!

coolrado you should of seen it on the motorway looked like cut springs it was funny thou!

dub nut i just remebered when i looked at them that u said you were getting some new suspension at Dazza's im glad you got it sorted now thou!

not from where i was sitting it wasnt!!!

its been nausiating for the last month with them!! at leat they are off now!

Just spoken to darren and yup they are mine!!

Apparantly they arent too old! a good clean and could sell them as new - any want a set of silverlines???

They only started making the silverlines a couple of years ago so I am guessing they are still under warranty(18 months).

Not a pretty site though, I firmly believe that most of the damping adjustable suspension set-ups need to be a good half turn from bottom or top to help them last a bit longer.

Surely as Yan says, if they're only 18months or so old you can get them replaced under warranty??

I don't hold out much hope on KWs lasting especially long either..... as I say, they're just not man enough for UK roads.

Might be something to do with your warp-speed driving Kev ;) :lol:

Or the awful roads I have to drive on! That back road route we took to Audioscape being a classic example..... I can't take that rail road crossing at any more than 15mph or so, and those two nasty bumps further on....hmmmm. It's no wonder my suspension doesn't last long. I get through a set of top mounts every year, LOL!

Might be something to do with your warp-speed driving Kev ;) :lol:

:lol:

but on a serious note, i have inspected the KW range in close range and they are very impressive

They have earned a good reputation for sure. I might try some when the H&Rs pop again....and I say WHEN, rather than IF!

I rather like the look of the KW V3.....price isn't quite so nice though.

Do they have a decent warranty?