Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

Fk Coilovers - Slight Leak.

They have earned a good reputation for sure. I might try some when the H&Rs pop again....and I say WHEN, rather than IF!

I rather like the look of the KW V3.....price isn't quite so nice though.

Do they have a decent warranty?

Yes they do Kev - If you went for the (wet Filled) v3's we can specify your exact requirments and the Race engineers (who also build al the vwR Coilovers) will make these by hand for you offering you the ride you require.

:lol:

The thing with suspension (like with most things) I think you get what you pay for, I know it might sound obvious but it's remarkable the difference that putting the right or wrong kit can make - I made the mistake of putting cheap suspension ( g-max) on my last G60 and they were awfull, it made the whole experience of driving the car much worse :(

Exactly Mr only queer in the village....

I've been fecking about with VWs for 15 years and I still haven't found the perfect setup for all round ability. The H&R coils are damn close to perfection, but the springs are not quite there for me. The problem with a lot of kits is the primary ride quality. It's just too harsh on a lot of kits as they over specify the spring and damper rates and is market driven as low seems to be the way people want it these days, so low + no bottoming out = Hard. Apart from Belgium, the majority of european roads are smooth and flat, so following on from what I said earlier about german suspension producers not getting it right for UK roads, there's an element of truth in that because they only need to concentrate on ride height, rather than quality as their roads are better. Jump in any current Rover or Lotus and the damping and spring rates are perfectly judged, purely because they're UK manufacturers designing and testing their suspension settings on UK roads, their primary market.

The Corrado I'm sorry to say has an ancient and flawed chassis design (especially the rear wishbone bushes, ask any track day racer what the weakest link on the MK2/MK3/Corrado is), so it needs all the help it can get with a top quality suspension kit.

Anyway, the KW V3s could be just what I'm after, well mannered primary ride and good body control in the secondary ride.

That's the general idea mate ;-)

If I get the car corner weighed first and then feed the results back to suspension supplier KW ;-), X, Y or Z, then it's a damn good start!

hmmm this is a concern, i am just getting a set of fk konigsports, hope i dont have the same problems!!

Does this sort of thing happen when the dampers are set to hard??

hmmm this is a concern, i am just getting a set of fk konigsports, hope i dont have the same problems!!

Does this sort of thing happen when the dampers are set to hard??

I've had FK on mine for 4 years and they've been brilliant. With my ride height and wheels with the dampers on near full hard the ride is pretty astonishing. Not as good as it was 40mm higher on the old 8x17's with 1/4 hard dampers but considering i'm really pleased. Got a lifetime warranty with mine too. Only thing i was unhappy with was the fact that the stainless body model came out a month after i fitted mine. :roll:

I'm replacing them this year with either stainless FK's or KW, only because i'll be showing the car wheels off next year so need a brand spanking new set. Heard KW do a really good deal for showcars too through Recaro.

well ive just fitted my new silverlines i hope they dont pop like those but im sure they are in the minority! all i can say is wow the ride is amazingly good!

are the silver lines in the photo still for sale...

Those ones were well and truely useless!! thats why they had to come off the car! almost no fluid left in them and battered to death!

As far as i know G-Werks have binned them! obviously feel free to give them a call, but you wont want to put them in the car in the state they are, its just dangerous!

i saw them too... i think with a good clean with daz's new power shower hose they be good enough for another 8 months :wink:

Had my FK königsports on my Mk2 Rocco for 3.5 years, no problems encountered. OK, I don't drive my Mk2 Rocco in the rain, nicely waxoyl up the struts anyway, and avoid the numerous potholes wherever I can.

The days of smooth roads in Germany are over, too, BTW :-( I am talking from experience, as I regularly fly out to my parents, visit friends and rive around there a bit.

Leda? Hmm, yes. I did at Darren's recommendation contact them to see what they can do about my slightly leaky rear Scahs Racing coilover dampers, to which they gave me an almost reasonable cost of cloning the shockers :-)

Alternatively Bilstein can clone my rear Sachs shocks :-)

I know, bit off-topic, sorry .

Tempest

Blimey, was it really that long ago my car was down at G-Werks, another visit may be on the cards! Had almost forgetten about these!! makes me queazy and scared even thinking about what the car used to be like!!

Whether its a rarity or not, it has put me off putting KWs on if/when i ever need to get the weitecs replaced!