Sign in to follow this  
stingman123

10 Things we hate on the road

You'd hate them even more if you rode a bike. Have you seen those Freddy Crueger spikes that stick out the back? - I've heard a few horror stories of bikers being impailed. A car would never be allowed such dangerous protrusions, so why can't tractors put a big guard over the nasty bits?

LOL, good point!

hor_englund_freddie.jpg

Funny how cars aren't allowed red indicators or german style plates, but Tractors can roam around with unguarded death traps.

There was a TV program once (Traffic cops?) showing some info on a bike that slid under a tractor....but they could tell by the skid marks that the biker was carrying excessive speed when he ploughed into it. I think he ended up under the wheel or something and missed the Edward Scissor Hands contraption on the back. Lucky get!

Secondly they're a b*gger for dropping big mounds of dirt.

Yep, I was in Warwickshire on Saturday (your favourite place!) visiting Stealth and some Uber tractor was doing 40mph.....flicking clods of mud onto my car, and I was 6 or 7 car lengths behind it! Damn things. I know they do a good job of helping my Weetabix to grow, but they should use those giant tyres and just drive over fields and hedgerows instead :-)

Quality, Thats a cool site. Feeling his anger for middle lane users and those that keep their blutoof in all day. :)

Great site! I'm sure we can all relate, especially with the fog light issue, all of which seem to be at my eye level.

That site is class! Everyone in the country should be forced to read that before they next drive on a motorway!

That bit about sheep is particularly true, the amount of times I've overtaken middle lane ****ers, then pulled into the inside lane only to find a mile or so later they've all decided to speed up to way over the limit and overtake me (because they couldn't possibly travel slower than someone in the inside lane), then they slow down to less than I was doing and force me to repeat the whole process :mad: :mad: :mad:

Talc, classic site.

SHEEP has got to be a big pet peeve too.

Only yesterday I was stupid enough to brave Mondays big down pour to take the bike for a service. On the way back I was getting a good move on and popping back into lane 2 to allow Mr 4x4 past, but he never did, so gave me a nice big cushion to pop back infront over for the next 30 mile. Whilst using the 2nd lane from time to time, I came across a few cars that were in ln 2, but sped up just when I had moved out into lane 3 to pass - thankfully a quick twist of the grip means you go past them anyhow; regardless of thier quest for the nearest bumper to follow.

if i get drivers tailing behind i either leave them or slow right down to get rid of them. cant stand peopel doing that - or being stuck behind people going slowly... its tough as you most of the time you have the go to get rid of other drivers...

anyone else have a gripe with kids in towns, especially in areas with speedhumps, just crossing the road without looking out from under their hoods, and making traffic stop, or maybe they are just really hard in my town....

and they wonder why teenagers are statistically most likely to get runover....

Nah their just all mental on day release from Broadmore. I would leave em be just incase one of them flips out. :)

I know what you mean though. the rugrats on scooters is my gripe , no knowlege of road sense other than what they learned on their BMX's and when you do beep them they look at you like they are gonna cut you up.

I came across a few cars that were in ln 2, but sped up just when I had moved out into lane 3 to pass - thankfully a quick twist of the grip means you go past them anyhow; regardless of thier quest for the nearest bumper to follow.

That REALLY fecks me off. Accelerating when people are trying to overtake - perfectly innocently enough - is just childish and ridiculous. People even do it on single carriageways aswell, which is bloody dangerous if you're stuck in the opposite lane because some tool has blocked your pulling in space.

However, as with you and your bike, I can just flex my big toe and blast past rep arse holes that try and out accelerate me in the middle lane. It's very satisfying thwarting their peurile attempts to stop me getting past, and humiliating for them to be smoked by an unmarked, 12 year old Volkswagen :-) The car's grunt does the two finger salute for me....."yeah? is that all you've got mate?"

I got embroiled in a stupid game with a Boxster S driver over Xmas. I was in the slow lane doing 85 minding my own and he came from nowhere and steamed past me. Then he pulled in infront of me and gradually slowed down to 65-70. So I over take him, keen to get to my folks' for xmas scoff. Sat at 85 again, he overtakes again and does the same trick. This went on for at least 10 miles and I thought, "f'ck this" and just planted the gas. He saw the rate at which I was approaching him and decided to plant it too to try and stop me overtaking, but sorry Mr Boxster mate....you ain't got the minerals (again, against an unmarked 12 year old Volkswagen :-) ). By the time my speedo was resting on the 160+mph stop (no idea what the actual speed was), he was way, way behind.... never saw him again :-)

TAXI DRIVERS!!!!

Ok some may say theyre safer drivers, on the road alot. However... this morning i was sat in a queue waiting to get to the roadabout to turn left. Like nearly all roundabouts the junction gets wider to allow 2 rows to join roundabout. Two cars in front of me then a bus and then 2 rows of 2 cars parallel to one and other. Suddenly a taxi flew down the oncoming lane, WHILE A CAR WAS COMING, so it pulled in behind the bus forcing the car behind the bus to shift over a bit. The taxi by then was signalling right and was in the right row of cars at the junction. What did the taxi do..... it turned left still indicating right.

Doubt there was anyone in the taxi at the time and i wouldnt have been happy if i was in it.

Thing is its a firm that i use. Eeeek!

{shocked @ kevs big toe} f*k me Kev, I think my 16v would be wheezing at 120 and would've been blown away before that anyhow. Thats some motor you got there. I think we already touched on single-carriage dangers of overtakee speeding up - totally wrong. Fairly mind bending speeds (although its easy not to realise) there too kev - funny what you can get upto on the Autoban when visiting your parents in Germany :lol:, knowing you'd never do that here ;)

anyone else have a gripe with kids in towns, especially in areas with speedhumps, just crossing the road without looking out from under their hoods, and making traffic stop, or maybe they are just really hard in my town....

and they wonder why teenagers are statistically most likely to get runover....

Use your horn, thats what its there for - and it gives you an excuse to peep at the mindless Hoodies and watch them jump outta their skin. :lol:

Use your horn, thats what its there for - and it gives you an excuse to peep at the mindless Hoodies and watch them jump outta their skin. :lol:

Was talking to a mate at work the other day and someone he knows has installed a train horn in his truck... These things are seriously loud, something like Krakatoa or simliar. That'd clear them out the way!!

Has has to have a seperate battery and a compressor to run it as it's at 240v...!!

On the subject though, I live next to a dual carridgeway and it has an acceleration lane out of my village onto it, and it really really really annoys me when there is only one car coming and it doesn't move out onto the outside lane to let you out forcing you to stop near the end of the accel. lane and wait till he's past... grrr........

I hate it when everyone sits in the outside lane to pass a truck they can see on the horizon, the A64's a nightmare for it - I just blast down the inside of them and pull out when I reach the truck. Which then leads to some knob flashing their lights, shaking fists and tailing me. :scratch:

Wish I had one of them LED rear window displays to dish out some abuse.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Moving-Message-sign-4-Car-Shop-Office-Recep-NEW_W0QQitemZ8061433890QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nah mate i agree with you. The A64 is full of d!cks. Even worse heading up to the armley Giratory at rush hour its a war zone down there.

Where in Leeds you from 16v, what colour is your rado?

1. People who don't indicate

2. People without lane disipline on roundabouts

3. People who insist on speeding around schools at drop off/collect time

4. People who drive with their fog lights on when there is no fog - and no it doesn't look cool.......

5. People who don't bother with seatbelts for their kids

6. People who do bother with seatbelts for their kids but not for thenselves....stupid as if you had a crash who would look after the kids

7. People who can hardly walk 2 paces but are allowed to drive a car...

8. People that won't let you into a queue at roadworks when you should merge in turn, even when there are signs to tell you...

9. People with lights that don't work properly

10. People in pimped-up modded povity spec cars with loud exhausts trying to impress but going no-where fast.....

that'll do for now.....

hmmm not sure about the fogs one though. ok i agree having them on is daft when theres no fog. But i used to have my side lights on and the fogs on, or sometimes headlights and fogs. Cos the headlights on rados are shoite and i dont have the wiring loom yet.

Im sure people would disagree.

Ha Ha Just reminded me, I got flashed last night caus my dipped lights were obviously too bright, So I gave them a dose of full beam and could see the reflection in their retinas.

the uprated loom is the best thing Ive done to the car,

Well, it is illegal to have them on if it isn't foggy.....and they are quite dazzling as well.

If some tool bombs up behind me with his fogs on on a nice sunny day, then I flip on the rear foglights.

If I have to be distracted by his needless use of foglights, then he can cheesingwell suck on my reds too....

Not a big deal, really, but I have never liked those placards saying things like "Show dogs in transit": "Baby on Board", etc.

Saw a new one yesterday, "Grandchild on Board". Do I look bothered? DO I?!! Am I going to throw all common sense to the wind just because of your numbskull notice? Yes - I think I will, because it pi$$e$ me off so much!

Bl££din' Hell! You could certainly tell that grandad was driving the Citroen Xsara - hogging the rural A- road at 40mph for miles with no place for us to get past. Our consumption on a 206 mile round trip to Argyll was 35.5 mph due to him and countless agricultural prams. I really believe things are getting more exasperating every day, just as you young commuters seem to be saying.

Keep cool and chill. Remember good karma is still best.