Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Honest opinion

Ok most of you guys will say keep the rado but would like for you guys to try and give me your unbiased opinions

I have a 1989 Mk2 golf 16v which needs a respray but is otherwise a very nice car (in my eyes), more info at http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... highlight=

I also have a 1992 corrado 2ltr 16v, late spec and with most of the details are on my signature but which also needs a respray.

Which should i keep. rather keep both.

I think I probably speak for everyone when I say 'Corrado'. This is after all a Corrado forum, and all opinions are biased! :)

Bit of a pointless question if you ask me ... it's up to you! :)

Would be like me asking what suit to wear to work today!

This wouldn't be a cunning effort to cross-post your car for sale would it? ;)

Mate, if it was a VR6 or a G60 I would say keep it.

Mk2 GTI is one of my favourites of all time. Always wanted one of those.

Its a tough one really, I would start saving and keep both. Can you not store one off the road for a while??

T.

This wouldn't be a cunning effort to cross-post your car for sale would it? ;)
did think thats what it sounded like, but no im seriousely unsure which to keep

the golfs had more money and things done to it do get as it is. but the corrado is still fresh so i wouldnt loose out as much money if i sold the rado instead.

I slept on it last night, im still leaning towards keeping the rado due to the fact its a much more unusual car, and it has a cool spoiler :lol:

The C will hold it's value better too IMO... if they're both valvers could you not use some of the parts from the golf to make the C a litlle bit mintier?

(yes I know ones a KR and the others a 9A)

the corrado and golf just need either a full respray or pacth ups. so no good me swapping parts.

I think ill keep the rado and carry on trying to sell the golf

quicky, what are your requirements?

- which is more comfortable

- which do you like the look of most

- does money matter to you

- which is most reliable, does that matter?

- what will it be used for?

- what condition is each car in? - has one got mega miles on it and due to die?

Obviously many people here will say Corrado, because we like them for one reason or another. Be it the better looks over a boxy Golf, or whatever. However I know some people complain that the C is uncomfortable, especially if you're tall, so if you intend to drive this a long way every day, then the Golf has got to be a more comfy car.

If money is a factor, which it often is - otherwise you'd go buy a R32 or somthing - then you decide which is cheapest to run. For all we know you've just spent £100's on the Golf, replacing bits like the exhaust, and it wont need any more work doing for another 5 years........ dont know - YOU tell us. If you create a list of cost items (without prices if u like), I'd/we be happy to look, add and comment.

I had a Mk2 Golf that had an engine that sounded like new and would easily do another 100k. However this C just has more spirit for me - imo

8)