Sign in to follow this  
cromwell

flamer kit...

hi guys

when i bought my car it had a flamer kit attatched and so yesterday i started playing around with it. It seems to work fine, i can hear the coil in the boot and when you look down the exhaust you can see the plug sparking, but no flame. is there anything i can adjust/play with to make it work?

thanks!

if he likes it let him have it

*shhessssssssssssssh!*

snobbery

they are illegal and dangerous.

all these kids on the streets want to carry knives around, does your policy carry to them too??

IIRC your car has to be overfueling to produce any sort of flame with these kits, since they work by ignighting the unburnt fuel in the exhaust gasses, so not only are they illegal and dangerous, you car has to be running rich to use them.

chrishill, some of them have a dedicated fuel feed straight into the exhaust so you don't need to be running rich... (how else do you think they fit them to Paxos and Cursors? ;) :lol: )

I don't understand :(

glad you addressed the points I brought up though...

calm down boys it was only a question for christs sake!

as i said it was on the car when i got it and i wouldnt mind seeing it working, but it sounds like too much effort to be worth it.

cheers! chris.

This forum needs an enema

A napalm enema? :lol:

3-3-03.jpg

Sorry!

If the lad wants to have a flamer kit, let him, it's his car :)

p.s claret badger what do you mean by that?

idd

anyways, my cousin fitted a spark plug to the exhaust of his Astra, and was able to get ignition from simply "rev'in the nuts off of it", so if you wanted a test then you should be able to get a flame.

but as I said, they are illegal, and quite dangerous, i'd bin it.

or better still sell it, try http://www.iruinedmymumscorsawithsillyracingstripes.com

...or ebay, just mention 'gives that turbo'ed look' in the desc., and they'll flock to it ;)

claret badger forget my "what do you mean by that?" i mis-read.

if i cant get it to work, i think it probs will sell it! will go towards my leather interior :D

['H3R4POR]

they are illegal and dangerous.

said the man who dances around a flaming line of petrol in his 'bored' video's! :lol:

Heehee.....crazy fool! :cuckoo: :nono: :lol:

yoink!

stolen for my signiture :)

There seems to be bags of cockwaffle on this thread!

If you don't want it send it to me i'll fit it to my SVR and spit some foookin' flames from my arse and no messing, so keep it and i'll buy one from egay or let me have it or keep quiet about it and you won't get banned for voicing your question from the overmoderators whom aren't mods at all, just limp penises with nothing to do!

lol hahaha!

Christinos

Stroll on - just to inject a bit of topic here - as far as I understand running rich (or overfueling) has not (much) to do with flames in the exhaust - certain types of race engine do it because they are running really lairy cams with loads of overlap - e.g. when the valve lift is increased (to increase flow) the valves are naturally open a lot longer (they can only open and close so fast without bouncing them in the seats) and therefore the overlap period (the period when both inlet and exhaust valves are open at the same time) is much larger. It's inevitable that when you lift hard off at high revs some unburnt fuel will get through into the exhaust and Bob's married your Auntie.

Chris.

There are many reasons for unburned fuel in the exhaust, often due to poor ignition in standard engines where the flame front doesn't complete a full burn in the compression chamber poss due to poor design or crap leads or other ignition componant, after that there are conditions deriving from tuning parts used as you said, else it's just fun if you like it, i want one just for the fun of it on dark nights, i'm not a chav but probably haven't grown up as much as i should have! :lol:

Chris