Sign in to follow this  
Szarky

First-Aid kit ?

Anyone hear about the German 'rrados having first-aid kits or being mandatory in the rear seats (between each of the seats where the arm rest is and you can pull it out and hide things you dont want others to find :wink: ) Anyone have a part # or have one or know where to get them.... couldn't find anything in the search

First Aid kits were present in all European Corrados. Just most of them don't have them in the car anymore.

Not sure about the US though.

They are quite rare now, but do occasionally pop up on ebay.

I don't think they were actually standard equipement, just alot of people think they were...

you can get them from VW but the ones Tesco sell fit fine!

Saw one on display at the stealers parts counter. About £20 I recall. Not bad, cos I saw a mug pay above £40 on ebay earlier this year!!

they are standard equipment in european cars with the warning triangles

e.g. in spain you must carry two triangles, a first aid kit, full bulb kit and a blanket.

iv got an original first aid kit that is still in its shrink wrap.

Iv removed it from the rear arm rest as that now houses my minidisc changer

as far as im aware you can still pick them up from any vw dealer for a reasonable price or as stu says pay a rediculus amount on ebay

DM

Just to reiterate, there is nothing special about Corrado FA kits and triangles. They are standard VAG items and are still available from the dealers for all cars. One size fits all. People selling them on eBay think they're sitting on a Goldmine and they're not.

Kev

I've still got the original receipt the first owner of my C got with the car and the first aid kit and triangle were extra cost options. The first aid kit is still in my armrest, but I suspect some of the components have expiry dates (even some sterile dressings have use-by-dates) and its been in there 7.5 years. In other words, why pay over the odds for something that is probably out of date and strickly speaking shouldn't be used when you can get a new one for less cash? Having said that, I don't apply the same standards to the contents of my fridge.

David

I've still got the original receipt the first owner of my C got with the car and the first aid kit and triangle were extra cost options. The first aid kit is still in my armrest, but I suspect some of the components have expiry dates (even some sterile dressings have use-by-dates) and its been in there 7.5 years. In other words, why pay over the odds for something that is probably out of date and strickly speaking shouldn't be used when you can get a new one for less cash? Having said that, I don't apply the same standards to the contents of my fridge.

David

pmsl mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously though i don't understand what all the fuss about the original first-aid kits is over.....fair enough about the warning triangle.....afterall as you rightly point out a lot of the "sterile" dressings have use by dates so will be well out of date by now..........if people think that having the original first-aid kit is a sign of a good previous owner then thats a bit laughable.........afterall would you think anybody who has "standards" would still keep an out of date first-aid kit in their car?

just my 2penneth spent :wink:

I agree Rodders - what you could do of course is pay tons of cash for an original, throw the contents away and re-stock it by spending £20 in Boots. That way people will still go "Ooooooo - cool, an original first aid kit, awsome!" while you can rest assured that you will be treating any minor roadside injuries with in-date medical supplies. This also means you can tailor your kit's contents to the type of injuries you commonly encounter in your car (eg. leather chaffing, rubber burns and strained grin muscles). And all for £50 - bargain.

David

You shouldn't need the triangle anyway because Corrados are so *cough* reliable!

I suppose you could do the good samaritan thing though and lend it to broken down Ford Onion drivers? Mind you, letting a HGV smash it to smithereens is probably the best thing for it.

As for the first aid kit, you could replace it with an oxygen mask for recusitating overwhelmed passengers. Or in my case, to help them calm down after my terrible driving :lol:

Kev

I agree Rodders - what you could do of course is pay tons of cash for an original, throw the contents away and re-stock it by spending £20 in Boots. That way people will still go "Ooooooo - cool, an original first aid kit, awsome!" while you can rest assured that you will be treating any minor roadside injuries with in-date medical supplies. This also means you can tailor your kit's contents to the type of injuries you commonly encounter in your car (eg. leather chaffing, rubber burns and strained grin muscles). And all for £50 - bargain.

David

I agree - plus it says in the handbook they are an extra as mentioned elsewhere in the thread - so really it's no big deal if it has one.

does anyone know if fire extinguisers were standard or an option in european models too cos i have a bracket for one in the footwell of my leftie?

does anyone know if fire extinguisers were standard or an option in european models too cos i have a bracket for one in the footwell of my leftie?

When the corrado was made i think not, but i think you are sapposed to carry one now. I dont :roll:

So does mine :)

fitted superbly on the left of the boot I may add. One of the small things that made me believe the previous owner actually was a geniune VW fan and gave a hoot about the car :)

2p spent

Got my first aid kit for £6.99 from Tesco - in a rigid plastic box, fits perfectly in the arm rest.

Sorted. :-) :-)

(just thinking about putting a VW sticker on it and selling it for £45 on ebay ;-) )