Sign in to follow this  
mo_527

advice on corrado g60

hello everyone, ive seen a corrado thinking of getting it but it has no service history. Is there anyway to find out history of car and would this be a bad buy with no service history.

cheers

if its been serviced by VW all its life you just need toi call VW customer services quoting its reg number and they should be able to tell you when it was last serviced

i called vw the car was register in 1992 and serviced till 1994, not to sure what to do whether to get the car or not. the car is at a trade place not private seller its got 12 mot no tax no receipts or previous mot's. the seller told me the car was given in as px. what should i do?

sorry he also mentioned that the sun roof is abit out of line but closes and opens fine, can this be sorted out and would it be expensive?

thanks

it all depends whether a full service history means anything to you!!

after all ive known of a couple of donkeys that have had full VWSH and some minters with almost no history!

If the car all looks tickety boo and wear and tear reflects mileage etc... i wouldnt be too concerned. Might be worth getting one of the other Birmingham lads to have a look with/for you to see what they think.

Plus you may be able to knock £500 or so off as will need the charger serviced as you dont know when it was last done!

mo_527, You do need to tread carfully if its a G60, because an overhaul of the charger can be costly....

Bit wierd there's no service history from VW only after 2 years... Remember at that time this was an expensive motor, I'd of thought People with that sort of money would want to keep it serviced well!!!

Is it based in Birmingham???

mtc R32, sorry for the late reply popped a fuse in the house lol. yeah its in birmingham. i know what you mean about the service history, i was think that the person could have got it done from a local garage. as for the charger i dont think that it has ever been serviced. the seller told me that it was give in part exchange but flew through the mot, i dont trust him.

If you don't trust him, walk away. Only buy a car you're totally sure about. I wouldn't touch a Corrado (especially a G60) with a barge pole if it had no paperwork. No previous MOTs or receipts is worrying, as is the lack of service history.

Cazza16v, cool. ive just spoken to another chap, got a g60 going for £2000 not vw history but alot of receipts of work done also mentioned that a new supercharger was fitted and that the previous owner got it from germany off ebay. he said that the charger is a bit nosiey but he asked around and found out that the charger has been ported thats why it is loud is this true?

. I wouldn't touch a Corrado (especially a G60) with a barge pole if it had no paperwork. No previous MOTs or receipts is worrying, as is the lack of service history.

What he said :oops:

mo_527, if there is no documentation to prove a rebuild, I would definately get it done by G-Werks or someone similar. Chargers are always noisy! :twisted: Not sure if porting it would make that much difference to the sound.

I bought mine with no history from 96 on! I have had absolutely no problems with it! I checked all the general things + used a bit of common sense. There was no history of the charger being overhauled, however there was some sort of stamp/engraving across it! Not sure if that is a sign of an overhaul. The engine is still going strong in a friends golf, so i guess its kinda down to whether you personally wanna take the risk or not.