Jim

Jim's Corrado - ciao to the Fiat! Hello to.. (P64)

are you doing a full swap, door cards etc? Just thinking it's probably best when I retrim my interior is to swap it first with someone that has cloth as they just take the old leather off...

The sound / acoustics change quite alot from cloth to leather.

Shes getting the love!

That's a nice bit of progress, although the interior you had was in great shape anyway! :) Gliptone at the ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers all.

Yes Rams.. its a full swap so seats and doorcards. Heated seats too :)

The icing on the cake will be when I finally get around to getting some bodywork sorted on it... new few months hopefully funds permitting :)

Doh - leather on hold. Did the deal with Purple Tom but something has come up meaning he can't do tomorrow... looks like it'll be Feb some time now :)

Good job you aren't going back to beige. That was a day of hell! :( Worth it in the end though. Wish they did a decent looking grey cloth interior as I would have swapped mine ages ago.

Picked a hell of a cold day for the swap! Looking forward to setting the results though.

EDIT: Just realised you're not putting it in today. Oh well, the wait will be worth it though.

Edited by Portent

Need weather like this to try out the heated leather - don't keep it on too long tho!

Bit of change for the fleet again.

About 10 months ago I bought a Fiat 500. It's been a fun, reliable, cheap little car but I have to say I got bored of it pretty quick. I thought I would at least see it out of it's warranty period but after 10 months it had to go. Also because I was fed up of the abuse I took off friends at work!! :)

Have gone for something rather different - just went to put the deposit down and sign the paperwork today. It's a Skoda Octavia VRS Estate (I love estate cars! The old man coming through again!) with the 2.0 TFSI engine. It's a 2006, and done 54k. I got it from a main dealer so have got it backed with 1 years warranty and an additional year which is good peace of mind. Everything I've read about these is glowing and I know the engine is a peach.

Strangely I knew it was going to be "the" car when I went to see it earlier today. The salesman had the same name as me (!!), and then upon approaching the dealership, I saw a sign saying "Welcome to Derby - Twinned with Osnabruck!" - and as I was in the Corrado I couldn't believe the coincidence.

Anyway - picking it up next Thursday. Will stick some pictures up when I get it :)

Edited by Jim

Brilliant choice matey! 8)

So practical, yet still fun to drive. You MUST get it remapped ;)

What options does it have? What colour is it?

---------- Post added at 3:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:55 PM ----------

Just found it - Race Blue? Love that colour 8)

Was thinking of you when I got it mate as I know you're a very content Octavia VRS owner! Is yours the petrol or diesel?

Yeah - it's Race Blue. Looks absolutely fantastic! Options wise, I must be honest and say I didn't pay much attention to those - as I'm sure you'll appreciate when you're used to the Corrado, EVERYTHING else seems so new and up to date that you get lost in it all. But I do know that it has a 6 disc CD changer, full climate control, and cruise control (which I did want!). There may be other things - I guess i'll find them along the way!

Remap I may well consider but that will be in a few years perhaps.. fed up of modifications and declaring them on insurance so it's nice to be able to just say "It's this car" and not having to jump through hoops! :)

Bored of a Fiat 500 already? Who'd have thought it :D Admit it Jim, you're petrol head and you need performance in your life!

The VRS estates are nice looking cars and coming up to them from behind, you just know it's one of those cars where if the driver puts his foot down, you'll struggle to get past it! Nothing old manish about Estates at all mate. I'd take the estate version of pretty much all German performance cars over the saloon any day of the week.

Yeh, been so happy with ours. It's a MK1 1.8 20VT. We're thinking of changing in a couple of years, and will almost certainly change to the MK2 facelift vRS- not sure whether we'll stick with an estate or go with the hatch, as it's still very roomy compared to a Golf/Leon. May go for the diesel as well...

I'm sure you'll love it ;) I know what you mean about mods. The remap absolutely transformed ours though- it would have the VR6 for breakfast in a straight line. I waited a couple of years until it was out of warranty before doing it.

Really pleased for you mate- cracking car!

Bored of a Fiat 500 already? Who'd have thought it :D Admit it Jim, you're petrol head and you need performance in your life!

No denying it mate. I tried to be a sensible motorist but that 1.2 engine, whilst acceptable around town, was excruciating on a long run. It'll be nice not having to shift down the gearbox every time you get a slight incline in the road! :)

And cheers Andy - will make lugging those wheels back up from the National Day a bit easier! (Can't bring the Corrado as I've hit my insurance mileage allowance rather sooner than expected, thanks in no small part to driving to Germany AND the highlands of Scotland this year... damnit..)

Good choice, nice motors, why have a boot when you can have an estate, our daily is an A4 Avant :cool:

Estates are cool, I should be getting a mk3 estate to replace the metro. Nothing to do with getting old!

No denying it mate. I tried to be a sensible motorist but that 1.2 engine, whilst acceptable around town, was excruciating on a long run. It'll be nice not having to shift down the gearbox every time you get a slight incline in the road! :)

Yeah I went through a similar phase before I bought the Corrado! With a Cavalier 2.0 GLi of all things. That car was like pouring fuel down the drain for all the good it did injecting it into the engine. Complete waste of my life driving the thing that car was!

Funnily enough that's exactly what the ex said about her 1.0 TwinAir one week after I warned her it would be significantly slower than her Polo 1.8T. "Nah, it won't be, it's really nippy". Yeah, around town it is, but not on the open road!!

Got an itch for an estate, i need to scratch. The Oct VRS is a good choice 8).

Just got myself a second diesel car and was looking at estates, but wanted something cheaper tax wise. Passat estate was calling me :lol:

GUTTED !!

ive just bought you a Stovepipe hat to wear in the Fiat! lol

A few weeks back,didnt i see your C for sale ?

not for long,then it was gone!