Sign in to follow this  
DUB

Rado Insurance

Hi all just wondered where people get insurance from, as i'm due a renewall and wondered if anyone can direct me in the right direction, and then thought about if we all joined together could we do like a group buy for the best company to try to get the payments down? ? ? ? ? :cowboy:

I'm using Adrian Flux at the moment...but I've heard bad things about their service, so I'll probaly be changing come Oct!

Quinn Direct also seem to be really cheap....a friend of mine just had to make a claim through tehm, and they were supposed to be pretty good to deal with too!

I am having monster problems with Admiral at the moment. went with them caus they were cheap (like the budgie) They have looked at my previous years insurance details where I had non standard wheels and assumed that I am trying to pull a fast one over them by not declareing them this time.

As a result they charged me an extra 160 notes and Im having the devils own job of trying to get my cash back and proving to them that the wheels are now standard.

I would love to know if there is a ombudsman for stuff like this.

yup, there is an insurance ombudsman, and most insurance companies will do their damndest to make you happy rather than get involved with the ombudsman 'cos it makes a whole shed load of work for them! :lol:

I've contacted the ombudsman about a claim in the past and had the insurance companies decision overturned (after a theft which the insurance company said they weren't liable for :roll: ) , and I threatened getting in touch with the ombudsman when J-DUB was written off and I was offered a stupidly low amount for her, even though she was supposed to be on agreed value... :roll:

google "insurance ombudsman" on the UK site and see what pops up... ;)

I'm using Adrian Flux at the moment...but I've heard bad things about their service, so I'll probaly be changing come Oct!

What probs are there with Adrian Flux? I have used them for about 5 or 6 years with no probs and have 2 cars with them...should I be worried?

Something to do with what you have insured or something, if there's a slight change and it aint declared they'll do you over (I think that's it)